Door handle creaking..

Meg-A2-91

Whenever you apply a little pressure on the interior door handles, they creak :( its quite annoying and was wondering if theres any cure for this? Its obviously more apparent if you squeeze them together.

Tried to search for this to see if its common, which I presume it must be.. anyone else had this?

You could always remove the cards and fill the handles with expanding foam, presuming it's the door armrest we're talking about.

Be careful though, don't want to get any in the mirror adjuster area, or window switches.

Cheers

Mike

Thats correct.

Is that the only option?

Im getting the door armrest in leather soon, would this help?

Thanks Mike.

Not really, I've got the leather covered armrest and it creaks a little. The trouble is that the armrest is attached by plastic welds only and they can start to loosen up in time. Pumping foam into the void will help to stop this, but be careful and have some acetone (nail varnish remover) ready to get rid of any 'overspray'.

Cheers

Mike

Never heard of this with the handle. With my car it only happened when you pushed the door open. Was the door check stay - £50 to fix via Audi but if I remember right 'the Grim Reeper' reckons u can sort for £20 ish yourself.

Separate issue Alan - you're talking about the door strap cracking as opposed to the door arm creaking. You're right though, the door straps can be repaired for relatively little cost by a semi competent mechanic.

Cheers

mike

Back