Door hinge noise

dan_b

A2OC Donor
I've just noticed my driver's door makes a clunking/cracking noise when you open it up to its fullest extent. Not spotted it so far, don't think I've opened the door that wide before!
Is this serious? Anything to cure it?

Door noise

I think it is the dreaded cracked aluminium problem. You can feel or/and see a small line above the door hinge on the door side of it, take it in to the dealers and get the modifcations done.

I have to get mine booked in too! :)

SARGE

Yes sounds like the check strap to me to, just replaced mine posted a thread on here about a month ago, about £15 from the dealer and if you are any good at abit of diy about 20mins to replace

Cheers Phil

What's a check strap?

Open your door.

See that thin silver bar of metal towards the bottom, going between the door and the frame? That's the check strap (so called, as on early cars (not early Audis I hasten to add!), the metal bar was actually a strap of leather or canvas, which held the door in check).

Cheers,

Mike

Durgh, of course - I'll check it out.
I remember on the old British Rail Slam-Door trains, they had leather "check straps"...

door hinge

I'm experiencing same problem. Now the door does not open properly anymore. I also think it must be the check strap. Any idea how much it will cost you when you want to get it fixed at official dealer?

Back