Door Hinge Repair Kits

Winmkane

Have just got back from dealers after having them inspect the aluminium split at drivers side upper door hinge! They will not repair it under the Audi good will repair.
I have seen the repair step by step posted on here but can anyone tell me how much the kits are and where I can get them? The Audi dealer I was at said they could not supply them but only fit them! Surprise surprise!
Any pointers etc will be most welcome.
If anyone can do this job and are close to the Kendal area I don't mind paying just not Audi prices, they make the eyes water!
Cheers Win

Not sure if the knock back was down to the car having been a parallel import even tho it has a full dealer history and has been to Audi for everything from a spark plug to recent full suspension and I have every invoice and stap in the service file I have for the car, it's even been to main dealer for all its tyres. Currently has 175,000 on the clock and drives like new .

Last edited:
I presented the print of from one of the guys on here re the Audi complimentary fix etc they gave me the blank look then said Audi uk were no longer doing it! Was made to feel like a pleb so I left

Plan to find somewhere I can buy the fix kit and just do it myself. It's only the drivers door hat has the problem so will just do the one, no point in extra work. Failing that will try and find someone local that knows what hey are doing and pay them than pay the rates at Audi .

Last edited:
I presented the print of from one of the guys on here re the Audi complimentary fix etc they gave me the blank look then said Audi uk were no longer doing it! Was made to feel like a pleb so I left

I have a good relationship with that dealership, know many of the people at the service desk and have spent far too much money in their parts department, so I shall have a go when I next need to see them. If I succeed, I'll be sure to post. :)

Tom

I know in the past Mike (Skipton) has got involved as he knows someone at Audi UK so may be worth dropping him a PM just to see if what they're saying is true and not a fob off like my local dealer tried a couple of years ago. It does make you laugh as they say we've never seen this come up on any of the A2's we do and i said i don't htink you do that many A2's that are in this area and at the time there wasn't that many and they was driven by people that didn't look like they would have taken them to Audi, they was very sheepish when i did end up getting it done too

Phil

I might have some good hinges on the car im breaking if thats any good to you - just let me know what i need to look out for.

Kaz

Its not so much the hinges themselves, as the surrounding metal of the doorframe which the hinges attach to. Over time stress-cracks appear in the doorframe near the hinge.

Back