Door microswitches - Courtesy light and "Door Open" Symbol on Dash (non DIS)

L162LZ

United-Kingdom
I'm trying to sort out some issues with door locks switches and would really appreciate some advice:

All Doors lock and unlock normally as they should with the remote

OSF, NSF and NSR doors trigger courtesy light and "door open" symbol

OSR door doesnt trigger courtesy light or dash when opened (locks/unlocks OK) - I assume its the microswitch or dry solder joint so have ordered a replacement lock

Front Flap - The original switch was knackered and was pushed fully in and wouldnt budge so I have replaced this with a new one however I still get nothing on the dash when I open the flap, should this trigger the "open door" symbol on the dash and if so were is the fault likely to be? Are there 2 wires I can jumper in the plug to the switch to simiulate the flap being open to prove the replacement switch or cabling is at fault. The switch has 3 pins on the connection

Rear Hatch - again nothing is displayed on the dash when this is opened, should it display "Door Open" on non dis dash and if so where is the microswitch for this

Small niggly things I know but I'd like to get the car as near 100% as I can :)

Cheers Dave

The front flap does not have a dash warning lamp associated with it. But to check it works open the flap then shut the drivers door and lock the car. The indicators will not flash nor the door led illuminate. Now close the flap and as you do so the alarm will be activated and indicators flash and led flash. This conforms the switch is working. Note depending on how your car is set up you may also get a chirp from the alarm as it is set.

Rear hatch should have its own symbol so suspect an issue with the lock.

Have a read of this thread...

And a picture of the hatch open warning light

1715338504003.jpeg

Thanks, tested and don't get the "Chirp" (kindly enabled by @timmus on a recent visit) if the service hatch is open, so assume the button is working correctly,
I have never seen the tailgate open icon, so will need to do some investigation into that. I'm hoping the replacement OSR lock arrives early next week so I'll sort that one first and then move on to the tailgate 👍
Cheers Dave

Last edited:
Nice weather and waiting for OSR door lock to arrive so did some testing today on the tailgate lock (getting the hang of removing/refitting the inner cover now :) ) If i remove the 2 wire connector from the lock/actuator and loop the 2 wires in the connector I get the "tailgate open" symbol on the dash, so my issue is definately the lock and not a wiring problem. Ive seen a few videos on repairing the microswitch on the door locks but not on the tailgate lock.Has anybody repaired theirs and have any instructions or is it simpler to get a replacement complete lock (from what I can see they are possibly the same in the same period A4/A6 avant ??)

The micro switch is encapsulated, and can't be replaced.
Here's a pic of the parts, you need the part with the micro switch in.
Check that the metal plate, with the spring, is allowing the micro switch to operate. It has to move clear of the micro switch button.
This post might help.
Thread 'Hatch Button Repair.' https://www.a2oc.net/community/index.php?threads/hatch-button-repair.52731/
Mac.
View attachment 123618
Thanks, it's not the microswitch in the handle that's the issue (handle and lock are working ok the car just never sees the hatch as being open unless I short the connector) it's the one in the lock mechanism that reports if the hatch is open or closed 👍

Last edited:
Thanks, it's not the microswitch in the handle that's the issue (handle and lock are working ok the car just never sees the hatch as being open unless I short the connector) it's the one in the lock mechanism that reports if the hatch is open or closed 👍
Ahh yes, OK, sorry. Wrong micro switch.
Mac.

Thanks to a replacement boot lock from @Clackers, I'm happy to say that all my doors, bonnet and boot locks are all functioning as they should 😁 . Door and boot open symbols are now displaying on all doors and everything is working as it should. Thanks for the comments and advice in this (and my other thread about using a lock from another VAG marquee) always appreciated 👍
Cheers Dave

Back