Door Mirrors

fordy

Is it possible to replace the A2 door mirrors with a pair from an A4 or something? I know the unit that attaches to the door will be different, but what about dismantling the mirror to adapt to the A2?

I really like the chrome mirror backs on the RS's.

Don't think you can they are alot bigger, i've been looking into this will let you know if i can get them painted somewhere (or dipped). The mirror would look huge on the side of the car aswell

Cheers Phil

The mountings are different - the shell won't fit onto the mount and I looked into this in great detail before deciding to have Tanks mirrors aluminium coated.

Cheers

Mike

I looked into this in great detail before deciding to have Tanks mirrors aluminium coated.

So... how does one go about getting your mirrors aluminium coated? and... where and... (if you don't mind me asking) how much ???

I used a company in Reading called Chromed Up:

http://www.chromed-up.co.uk/home.html

They can do many finishes, but if you're after a proper 'S' car look, it should be aluminium covered and with a satin laquer.

For best results, get a new pair of shells and use wet/dry paper to remove all the moulding lines - this way, the finished mirror shell will look like a one piece casting.

Cheers,

Mike

I used a company in Reading called Chromed Up:

http://www.chromed-up.co.uk/home.html

They can do many finishes, but if you're after a proper 'S' car look, it should be aluminium covered and with a satin laquer.

For best results, get a new pair of shells and use wet/dry paper to remove all the moulding lines - this way, the finished mirror shell will look like a one piece casting.

Cheers,

Mike

cheers Mike

BTW... are your for sale :D

I can attest to the end quality of the crowd that Mike recommends.
I have seen and discussed this option with Mike and can say that they certainly look the part. Might do mine that way when the time comes to repair those "gate post" scratches.
Mmm, that means a re-map - GO must match SHOW! :D
But, HID's first!

Er, might be if the price is right?!

Cheers,

Mike

mmm.... let me think! It would be great to have a little bit of Tank on mine!

I was thinking about buying a pair of complete mirrors from a silver A2 (breaking), would give a similar look.

Back