Door not unlocking

sco

A2OC Donor
Couple of times lately the passenger door doesn't unlock when the key is pressed but it then unlocks with a second press - is this likely to be a wiring issue or dry soldered joint somewhere or something else?

Cheers,

Simon.

Hi Simon,

That sounds very much like secure unlocking, where a single press on the fob unlocks only the drivers door and a second press unlocks the remainder of doors.

I wonder if you've had your CCCU re-coded recently for anti-hijack, or a repair, and this feathure is now set?

You can verify the single fob press by trying to open the other 3 doors and the tailgate - they should all remain locked if the secure unlocking bits are set in the CCCU

Cheers
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

No that feature is coded off or at least it should be plus the not unlocking doesn't happen every time only sometimes.

Simon.

Hi Simon,

Check the A pillar connector. I've had same issues with both front doors and this is what it looked like.
ApillarConn.jpg
After a good clean everything went back to normal.

Cheers,
Neo

Well I checked inside the connector and it didn't look too bad - just well covered in grease so put it back together but if there was a poor connection hopefully the disconnect / reconnect has improved it.

Simon.

Hi Simon,

The symptom you describe is one of many caused by a dodgy microswitch (or related solder joint).

Cheers,

Tom

Reactions: sco
Back