Driver window will not operate

pmas12312

I have had my little a2 since new and it has not given me any problems until now. I have been having intermittant problems with the operation of the drivers window - it has been getting stuck up or down - changed the fuses and the operating door switches and it worked for a week, but today again it has stuck in the open position. Quick trip to audi - they say it is either the regulator (£237) or the motor (£311.28) but which one ?? Do not plan to get audi to fix it - can anyway help with instruction on replacing one or both of these parts - your advice will be gratefully received many thanks

Hello, and welcome to the A2OC.

It would be a real shame to spend any more money and not have the promise of a solution. A fault code scan could possibly shed a little more light on the problem, as there's always the possibility that this behaviour is being caused by a faulty central convenience module.
The motor and regulator are often sold as one complete item on eBay for about £60, by the way.

Cheers,

Tom

Hello, and welcome to the A2OC.

It would be a real shame to spend any more money and not have the promise of a solution. A fault code scan could possibly shed a little more light on the problem, as there's always the possibility that this behaviour is being caused by a faulty central convenience module.
The motor and regulator are often sold as one complete item on eBay for about £60, by the way.

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks Tom for sparing the time to reply, thanks for the info. I read that disconnecting the battery for 10 mins will rectify the problem and it has amazingly. Sure there is a bigger problem somewhere, intend to get one or both of the replacement parts and hope for a permanent solution, as it is going to be a pain worrying whether I should or should not even attempt to use the window opener just incase it decides to play up again. Thankfully I can still use my precious little car.

It may help a little to treat all the window channels with a silicon spray

Cheers Spike

Back