Drivers and rear door won't lock.

checkd01

Hello,

I have an x reg (2000) petrol 1.4 A2.

I have a few problems with it. The one I want to discuss here is the locking on the right hand side doors. I can unlock the car from the keyfob and all doors unlock. When sat in the car, the lock and unlock button on the drivers door works, but doesn't lock the 2 doors on the right. I can lock the drivers door with the key, which locks it, the 2 left doors and arms the alarm. The right hand rear door is missing a rubber stopper and I have to shove my finger in and flip the lock inside to lock it. I have had a VAG com on there and (I haven't got the codes on me) it said something about not being ready. I can post the exact error later. Once this locking action has been tried on the fob, the unit ignores any further presses for 60 seconds and then will accept an unlock again. Is this faulty lock modules, wiring or something else? I've had a look at the A-pillar wiring and it looks OK. I have however found behind the panel where the petrol cap button is, a wire that has been cut which is brown and cream, which has a resistor connected and then taped over. I can't see any wire where it has been cut from. I didn't want to take it off, could this be related? What steps can I take to check, I don't see how both locks won't lock , but will unlock from the fob. The person that sold me this was a right cowboy. When I got back from buying it, 3 bolts, were barely on, on the front right wheel, I sorted that. Weeks later there was a loud bang and no drive train. (turns out that the drivers side drive shaft hadn't been bolted on properly and sheared through the nuts. Local garage re-attached and it's now OK, although there is still clicking in the right side, which I'm told is a top mount and strut. Which I have bought but am struggling to get my mechanic friend to fit.

Amy ideas about the locks welcome please.

Regards

Hi the door micro switches are usual culprit. We will be able to give you more detailed help when you post the fault codes.

Cheers

David

Post later

H,

I'll post the codes this evening. Is it likely that the micro switches can fail on 2 doors like that? Are there 2 micro switches per lock, in the sense that they unlock, but won't lock? Can they be replaced/fixed? or is it a whole mechanism that needs changing?

Many thanks

Darren

Hi the door micro switches are usual culprit. We will be able to give you more detailed help when you post the fault codes.

Cheers

David

There is only one micro switch in each door. If it dose end up Being this then you have to replace it. The grim reeper has written an exerlent guide.

Here http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?13246-How-to-replace-rear-door-micro-switch.

I don't know if it has anything to do with the cut wire you have found, but you should speak to Sarge786. He rebuilt a burnt out A2 so knows the electrics beter than anyone.

It's a very inspiring storie

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?7535-How-I-rebuilt-my-A2

Cheers

David

My recent codes are;

VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-S

Control Module Part Number: 8Z0 959 433 E
Component and/or Version: Komfortgerát T19 03B1
Software Coding: 06906
Work Shop Code: WSC 02152
Additional Info: 8Z2959802 Tõrsteuer.FS BRM 0001
Additional Info: 8Z2959801 Tõrsteuer.BF BRM 0001
Additional Info: 8Z0959801A Tõrsteuer.HL BRM 0001
2 Faults Found:
01559 - Drivers Door
58-00 - Can't Lock
01562 - Right Rear Door
58-00 - Can't Lock

Control Module Part Number: 8Z0 907 379 B
Component and/or Version: ESP 20 CAN V015
Software Coding: 10758
Work Shop Code: WSC 00000
2 Faults Found:
00285 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor: Front Right (G45)
35-00 - -
00285 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor: Front Right (G45)
16-10 - Signal Outside Specifications - Intermittent

18/06/2012

Control Module Part Number: 036 906 034 Q
Component and/or Version: MARELLI 4LV 3415
Software Coding: 00051
Work Shop Code: WSC 00000
Additional Info: WAUZZZ8ZZ1N010223 AUZ7Z0Y1507331
2 Faults Found:
16520 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S2: Malfunction in Circuit
P0136 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
17598 - Linear O2 Sensor: Reference Voltage: Implausible
P1190 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

I have checked the ABS and some one has taped on the wire as it has been cut. I re-did this and it is still intermiyyently cutting out, so either the wire they have added is problamatic or the sensor. Bumps in the road make it come back on, I need to check the wiring the've added to see if it's got a break in it or something. The lambda seems to randomally happen as well. The joker i bought it from has declined to tell me anything about it.

many thanks.

The Ross tec website brings up

01559 - Drivers Door; 59-00 Can't Unlock / 60-00 Won't save

Possible Symptoms
You cannot lock or unlock the Drivers Door
Possible Causes
Mechanical failure in the doorlock
Mechanical failure is cables
Short to Groud / B+ in wiring
Possible Solutions
Check wiring and connections
Check mechanical cables
Replace the doorlock

01562 - Rear Right Door

01562 - Rear Right Door: Can't Unlock
Possible Causes
Wiring/Connector from/to Central Locking Actuator: Rear Right Door (F134) faulty
Central Locking Actuator: Rear Right Door (F134) faulty
Possible Solutions
Check Wiring/Connector from/to Central Locking Actuator: Rear Right Door (F134)
Check Central Locking Actuator: Rear Right Door (F134)
See Measuring Blocks OR perform Output Test

01561 - Rear Left Door: Won't De-Safe
Possible Causes
Wiring/Connector from/to Central Locking Actuator (Safe): Rear Right Door (F134) faulty
Central Locking Actuator (Safe): Rear Right Door (F223) faulty
Possible Solutions
Check Wiring/Connector from/to Central Locking Actuator (Safe): Rear Right Door (F134)
Check Central Locking Actuator (Safe): Rear Right Door (F223)
Special Notes
Safe states can normally only be checked while the car is being locked with ignition off, however usually the comfort system/central locking allows you to diagnose problems even with ignition off, as long as the diagnostic communication has been initiated before the ignition is being switched off. In detail this means switch on the ignition, connect to the comfort system/central locking and open the desired measuring block. Keep the measuring block running, switch off the ignition and lock the car. Finally when unlocking check if the actuator status changes as expected.

I hope this helps. Sounds like the guy you brought it off was a right Bodge artist.

Good luck

David

Check Wiring/Connector from/to Central Locking Actuator

Where is this? Check Wiring/Connector from/to Central Locking Actuator

The Ross tec website brings up

01559 - Drivers Door; 59-00 Can't Unlock / 60-00 Won't save

Possible Symptoms
You cannot lock or unlock the Drivers Door
Possible Causes
Mechanical failure in the doorlock
Mechanical failure is cables
Short to Groud / B+ in wiring
Possible Solutions
Check wiring and connections
Check mechanical cables
Replace the doorlock

01562 - Rear Right Door

01562 - Rear Right Door: Can't Unlock
Possible Causes
Wiring/Connector from/to Central Locking Actuator: Rear Right Door (F134) faulty
Central Locking Actuator: Rear Right Door (F134) faulty
Possible Solutions
Check Wiring/Connector from/to Central Locking Actuator: Rear Right Door (F134)
Check Central Locking Actuator: Rear Right Door (F134)

01561 - Rear Left Door: Won't De-Safe
Possible Causes
Wiring/Connector from/to Central Locking Actuator (Safe): Rear Right Door (F134) faulty
Central Locking Actuator (Safe): Rear Right Door (F223) faulty
Possible Solutions
Check Wiring/Connector from/to Central Locking Actuator (Safe): Rear Right Door (F134)
Check Central Locking Actuator (Safe): Rear Right Door (F223)
Special Notes
Safe states can normally only be checked while the car is being locked with ignition off, however usually the comfort system/central locking allows you to diagnose problems even with ignition off, as long as the diagnostic communication has been initiated before the ignition is being switched off. In detail this means switch on the ignition, connect to the comfort system/central locking and open the desired measuring block. Keep the measuring block running, switch off the ignition and lock the car. Finally when unlocking check if the actuator status changes as expected.

I hope this helps. Sounds like the guy you brought it off was a right Bodge artist.

Good luck

David

Back