Dunlop Tyres

Status
Not open for further replies.

abre

Did you know that Dunlop tyres carry a 5 year warranty?

I've had cause to contact Dunlop due to an impurity in the rubber right on the shoulder of one of my tyres resulting in a big hole. After a conversation with their technical department I was sent an e-mail with the following:

Reference our conversation about the block on your 185 50 r 16
Sport 9000, our passenger tyres are warranted for 5 years from date of
manufacture or date of purchase if proof can be shown. The warranty covers
any manufacturing defect but not accidental damage etc.

I'm just waiting for a reply, having returned the tyre. Good job I have a spare alloy even if it's only got a Pirelli on it, mind you it's a good job it isn't a dunlop being directional and all that!

Andrew - 2003 1.4 TDI Silver Climate

The Sale of Goods Act or something similar covers faulty goods for 6 years.

According to an email Dunlop sent me, they only pay for the tread that is left. So if half the tread is left you get half the value of the tyre.

That's really interesting Andrew, can I ask who you contacted? Was it thru their web site? My front tyres perished, and Audi say that it is the tyres, not the alignment, so worth a try. I had SP9090's by the way and this happened at 20 months.

Fi

2002 TDi Sport Cobalt Blue, winter pack, leather, rew

Most tyre manufacturers do something similar - if you have a failure you can return the tyre through most outlets and you get a report back and if they feel the tyre is at fault a proportion of the value.

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control for SWMBO, Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

Sorry about the delay in responding...

1. There was/is an impurity in the rubber looks like plastic or mylar which was sticking out of the side and top of one of the tread blocks on the shoulder of the tyre, over 14,000 miles this weakness opened up into a deep hole.

2. Yes the refund is proportional so for me the tyre had 6.5mm of remaining tread and a new tyre has 7.5mm so I'm expecting a reasonable credit from them (tyre was on the rear otherwise it would have been bald by now[27])

3. Looked up Dunlop on the web and called the Birmingham number I was put through to the Product Support and Service Department (sorry did it from work and I don't have the number to hand). Worth a call though Fi!

Andrew - 2003 1.4 TDI Silver Climate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back