Eastre Offer

robin

Easter Offer

After eating all your easter eggs and your A2s are now carrying more weight!!
stealth racing are doing a easter special offer on re chips for the 75 and 90 Bhp deisel A2s

Off the shelf £175+vat
custom re map on the roling road£225+vat
with print out before and after which is yours to keep

This offer is till the end of April

So if you ring stealth racing on 01926812259 and ask for Vince he will be able to help you with any enquiry's you have got or to book you in for your re chip

Cheers

Robin

Last edited:
Sounds like a good offer to me and don't forget, Stealth Racing actually have 5, yes 5 A2s in their ownership!!!

They also have many recommendations from other forum members too.

Cheers,

Mike

Fantastic rolling road remap

Vince and Robin have just remapped my motor and i am very pleased with it i flew home from their base in Southam to Wakefield in much less time than it took for me to get there.

It was very interesting seeing Vince put the car through it's paces and then fint tune the remap graphs.

Vince then cleared the fault codes that apperaed on the ECU as a result of it being rempped on the rolling road. At one point for example i asked Robin why my parking brake signal had appeared flashing on the DIS and this was beacause the front wheels weree doing something over 80mph and the rears were stationary.

A good day out with super value for money in terms of the difference it makes to your car

Thanks once again the staff at STEALTH
Paul

You are getting £50.00 off are normal price till the end off april this makes a good saving.

ULP don't be paranoide (you will wished you had done it earlier when you do get it remaped)

cheers

Robin

remap.

Hi Robin, Anything going for a2 1.4 petrol?? + what would the benifits be/worthwhile or not?
Thanks Alan.

Once this remap is done could Audi tell??, ie during a service and if so would it make any difference to the service we get from Audi?.

andyman said:
Once this remap is done could Audi tell??, ie during a service and if so would it make any difference to the service we get from Audi?.
Remaps are undetectable by Audi service engineers, unless they go for a test drive of course.

The equipment they use is not capable of delving deep enough into the engine ECU to see the altered data.

Cheers,

Mike

Do you have an address or postcode, so i can see how far away you guys are from me

and how long does it take to do the remapping??

As Mike says the remap is not detectable by vag com or 1552 the only way you can tell is when you drive the car.

This is also true for the insurance they have no way of telling its not as if you can see it.

Hi Alan.

I will ask Vince to see what if any benifits there will be for the 1.4 petrol and report back to you.

Cheers
Robin.

remap

yep the insurance is a problem but only on visible things liek for example after market shockers... one reason why i went for a remap is becauseas skipton and robin say it is completely invisible and by the time you write it off it wont be driveable!

Insurance co.s dont need to know about it as they will only cease to insure or whack up your premium and because they cannot tell anyway there is no point in informing them.

By the way i spoke to 2 chaps who had a gti mk2 golf on the day and they said a couple of interesting things which may be of use to others on the forum tho' i am in no way recommending this as a course of action.
1.One chap had points on his licence and had got around this by applying for a genuine EC licence which because police computers are not yet linked up wont show your endorsements. He said the website for this was something along the lines of "genuine documents .co uk"
2. The other chap had mentioned the super reflective reg no plates which he said did in fact work but people had got misinformation about them, as he had seen pics from speed camers at the Transport androad research lab. 2Camera shy plates .co uk"

Regards PaulC

Havank said:
So it this a REVO remap, or an inhouse one????

They are inhouse but we can do revo if you wan't but not at this price.

does this alter mpg and does it make it much faster cheers

It makes it faster at acceleration but your top speed is governed by the gearbox finel drive.
It will make a difference to your MPG.

cheers
Robin

Last edited:
robin said:
They are inhouse but we can do revo if you wan't but not at this price.

does this alter mpg and does it make it much faster cheers

It makes it faster at acceleration but your top speed is governed by the gearbox finel drive.
It will make a difference to your MPG.

cheers
Robin

Robin

Don't take this wrong, I respect you work, but what is beter your remap or the revo one (money aside!!) You can pm your answer!!!

Had the 90 chipped by Stealth today.

Very nice chaps there - they explained how the process worked, checked the car for errors, then did a standard dyno run.

Next they flashed the new info to the chip and did a dyno run. Vince wasn't quite happy with it so they did 2 more runs and compared the results.

In the end the car went from 192.5 lb ft @ 2223rpm to 206.2@2027 and the bhp went from 97.2@3759 to 111.4@3610.

However the most important thing (for me) is that the car picks up quicker and the torque curve stays flat for much longer. On the old curve the power seriously dropped off at 2600rpm whereas now the same drop point is at 3400rpm. The car is so much nicer to drive and it just revs round the clock with no complaint. To anyone thinking about getting the chip - DO IT!

Forget about the extra power - the change in how the car drives is great. The power delivery is sooooooooo much better.

Oh and if anyone round Reading wants to pop out in the car pm me!

Back