Ebay Brakes...

Paddys

All,

I need to replace the pads and disks on my 1.4tdi (75). Can anyone reccomend any from the multitudes that are available on ebay ??? (or suggest which to avoid!)

Cheers

PaddyS

Personally I'd go for Green Stuff with their grooved and drilled discs and enjoy the far better performance when hot and cold and less brake dust to clean off to boot.

re. tdiman post

I too was an ebc green/black stuff fan until I had 2 very poor experiences after fitting ebc pads and disks to each of the MCC Smarts I've owned since 2000. In each case, and under normal use, the pads separated from the backing plates after approx 12,000 miles of use and the disks became warped over the same mileage.

So, for me it's a case of twice bitten - forever shy!

Last edited:
That's not the first report of pads shearing I've heard (cue DanB), all I can report is that I always used EBC on my bikes and had Greenstuff pads and standard EBC rotors on the A2 at one point.

Yes, they were good brakes in terms of grip and stopping power, but they were very short-lived and wore down a lot quicker than the Mintex parts I now use.

Cheers,

Mike

I've got EBC TurboGroove discs and RedStuff pads on my Volvo and they've lasted well. The one downside is that when cold the braking performance is definately worse than stock. When warm they're excellent.

I think I'm likely not to go with ceramic race pads next time as although they don't bake dust over my wheels the cold braking performance is not to my liking.

Iain

Back