egr valve........... whats this?

cjscos

On my egr valve (1.4 petrol) it has a vacume hose coming off it but it does not connect to anything? It just has like a cylindrical like valve on the end of a tube.

Is it supposed to be like that or is it supposed to go to the throttle body as there is a vacume take off on the throttle body is self which has been blanked off with a bit of blue rubber!

Also can i block off the egr valve as its making the throttle body dirty and the inlet manifold is full of gunge?

The vacuum pipe is supposed to be like that. I have also blocket out my EGR valve. eg. pulled the plug out. It will leave the engine management light on, but the car works fine. If yor EGR valve works fine, I would leave it the way it is.

Cheers,

-P-

On my egr valve (1.4 petrol) it has a vacume hose coming off it but it does not connect to anything? It just has like a cylindrical like valve on the end of a tube.

Is it supposed to be like that or is it supposed to go to the throttle body as there is a vacume take off on the throttle body is self which has been blanked off with a bit of blue rubber!

Also can i block off the egr valve as its making the throttle body dirty and the inlet manifold is full of gunge?

EGR valve stands for Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve. Basically it takes some of the exhaust gases and flows them back into the engine. This is supposed to improve emissions. I thought they only fitted them on diesels!

Back