EGRT valve

a2-michael

Afternoon all,

Just done a diagnostic scan on my 2003 FSI after the engine managment light came on at the weekend

the fault code is p1453(if i remember it right) its a fault with the EGR temperature valve, i've just tried a quick search for them and had no luck finding one

anyone else have experience with this one, if so how much for the part, i presume its easy to replace is it just an unplug old one and replace with new

EGR valve

I had a similar problem fault code p1450 16788 and on stripping down the EGR valve the valve was stuck, and as a result motor had sheared a few teeth off the gear which opens / closes against the spring. No option but to replace the whole unit.

However - you could try a few things 1st - you can remove the actuator/ motor by undoing the two torx screws visible from the front of the engine bay and test with a 12v supply. If this doesn't function then an easy swap from a used unit.

If not strip down and remove the EGR unit - try cleaning, take side off to inspect gears and if all else fails - replace...

managed to get one from ebay.de although there aren't that many FSI parts available - its a specific part for the A2

Last edited:
thanks i'll bear this in mind

switched the fault code off and its gone away for now, i suppose it could have been the shock of a decent bit of warm weather

Back