Eibach springs, Nurburgring and Spa trip review

humps

A2OC Donor
Bought the Eibach springs which are the correct models for my lighter 1.4 petrol model, finally fitted them last week. It now switches directions with much less roll. Traction control, tyres and sanity are the only things slowing me down in corners now. It isn't bad over most bumps, but critically, it brought back some of the crashing that was eliminated with FSDs.

Then I drove to Nurburgring through E40 and E42, which took me to a bad patch of motorway in Belgium! That was horrible! Every passengers commented how hard my car was. Around Spa town itself, there were some awful Belgium roads which really showed these Eibach springs aren't comfortable at all - I miss my original springs.

The good bits, the car felt really good on the 'ring. I did the VLN layout too, which has the GP circuit section. The off camber hairpin and the following difficult late turn-in left hander were dealt with in a way my original springs could never have. It didn't bottom out under compression e.g. Fox hole, Ex-muhle probably more to do with FSDs. I even manage to hit the apex spots at Bergwerk which was very satisfying. It coped with all the bumps on the track well, but it wasn't the most stable car over crests, the reduced rebound made it manageable and I bet original springs would have been scary. Off the 'ring drove to Spa Francochamp, that was a lovely route to enjoy the increased stability of the Eibachs! I didn't take the A2 on the Spa circuit, it will not be any good and simply wastes other people's track time!

Overall, I think I'll take these Eibachs off eventually... They are good on the 'ring and possibly other tracks, but still doesn't make A2 good enough for occasional tack use. Although it excels on winding smooth country roads, really enjoyed driving to/from the 'ring and Spa, but the harsh ride was very noticeable elsewhere. I'll take my everyday comfort over very occasional enjoyment of nice roads/track.

Lasstly. Do NOT drive at the Nurburgring TF day without 3rd party insurance unless you're prepared for million euros compensation lawsuits! You may afford to write the car off, but you may not afford to pay for victims caused by your problems!

Back