Electric Front Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

psampson

I know that this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find any reference to it in the forum.

I am still having problems with my EFW, specifically not shutting correctly when using the single shot open/close method. i.e. briefly holding and then releasing the switch.

I've had this problem before. At the time the guides were replaced and a new type of lubricant was used to let the windows slide better.

However, the problem came back, briefly and the garage still couldn't find the problem. Today, the problem now seems to affect both going up and down. Given that the weather has been wet recently, I would have thought that the friction between the glass and the rubber would have been less, but it seems not to make a difference.

Has anyone ever managed to get their EFW fixed with this fault. This is a 2001 TDI (March) model. The problem seems to affect the drivers side more than the passengers, although neither are perfect.

I haven't been back to the dealership for nearly 6 months, so they've probably replaced nearly all their staff since then.

Paul.

Paul,

Yes I have suffered from this problem, and according to my dealer the only practical answer were new window regulators – which apparently have modified software since the earlier production models. I will leave you to guess why it was modified.

Regards
John Disdale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back