Electric lumbar support wiring, how to?

nuttinnew

A2OC Donor
I'm getting some seats with lumbar support next weekend (at last!) but have no idea on the wiring for them, can anyone help?

I don't have many niggles with the A2 but the lack of back and side support is one of them, especially considering the decent length squab. Basic 9n Polos were better in that respect, most annoying!

This is very simple, During the rebuild of my Shoby Car, I bought and fitted new seats with this feature.

Under the seats is a simple two wire connector (other than the airbag connector!!), this is one for positive and other for negative feed, that's all you have to worry about. I wired both these seat connectors through the floor and out under the passengers footwell under the aluminium plate, I fitted a separate inline fuse for each seat and then connected the positive to the main feed (under 10mm nut) on the side of the plastic cradle that holds the ECU and the Comfort unit, and the negative to one of the connections to the body.

Hope it helps ;)

Cheers
Sarge

Last edited by a moderator:
It certainly does:D

I'd better go back and get the other end of the plugs I left on the car :eek:

What fuse rating did you use?

I must say it feels like I'm doing thing adding weight even though it's a minimal increase:(:eek:

Thanks Sarge:cool:

Theres no need to get the other end of the plugs really, if I recall correctly they are simply push on blade connectors cheaply available from local car spares shops, (and usually the things everyone has lying around) always better of soldering them rather than crimping them though.

I can't check to see what fuse rating as Shoby car is out, but from top of my head (where there seems to be lesser and lesser hair these days ..lol :p) 3 to 5amp should be ok.

Cheers
Sarge

Back