Electric window failure

spw

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help with a problem with my drivers side electric window.

Up until a few days ago it was working fine, I'd been driving along with the window partially open, went to close it and nothing. It's now stuck in the half partially open position.

When you engage the switch there's no hint of the motor trying to move up or down.

I've also tried to open or close it from the key fob and again nothing.

The passenger window works fine from both the drivers side and passenger side switches, the power mirror adjustment also works fine. Hopefully this means it's unlikely to be the convenience unit.

I don't have a full vag-com, only a cut down scanner but managed to get the code 00932 out - see below
I cleared the code, tried the window again and no joy with the window but the fault code came back.

I took he car into a reliable garage I know, who took off the door card and reported they couldn't see anything obvious with the wiring or mechanics. They also reported seeing a fault code, which when cleared - I'm assuming with a full VAG-COM - they managed to get the window closed, but it then failed again.

The garage seemed to think the most likely component to be the window motor, but at £179 + vat its pricy mistake if it isnt. As they managed to get the window up I would have though it more likely to be the window control module for the window.

It wasn't clear if the window control module was included with the price for the motor or if this could be bought separately.

Anyone had a similar issue with the window?

Thanks in advance

Rgds

Simon

Below is the fault code description off the ross-tech

00932 - Electric Window Motor; Drivers Side (V147): No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation
Possible Symptoms
Window Automatic Run not working
Pinch Protection limited
Possible Causes
Automatic Run & Pinch Protection not adapted
Incorrect Window Motor / Door control module installed
Possible Solutions
Adapt Automatic Run & Pinch Protection (see Special Notes)
Verify the correct Window Motor(s) / Door control module(s) are installed
Special Notes
Pinch Protection Adaptation
Make sure the window in question is completely closed.
Use the driver door window buttons to operate the window(s).
Roll down the window and keep holding the button down for 2 additional seconds after the window is already fully opened.
Roll up the window and keep holding the button up for 2 additional seconds after the window is already fully closed.
Now test the window automatic.
Category: Fault Codes

1.1 00932 - Electric Window Motor; Drivers Side (V147): No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation
1.1.1 Possible Symptoms
1.1.2 Possible Causes
1.1.3 Possible Solutions
1.1.4 Special Notes
00932 - Electric Window Motor; Drivers Side (V147)

00932 - Electric Window Motor; Drivers Side (V147): No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation
Possible Symptoms
Window Automatic Run not working
Pinch Protection limited
Possible Causes
Automatic Run & Pinch Protection not adapted
Incorrect Window Motor / Door control module installed
Possible Solutions
Adapt Automatic Run & Pinch Protection (see Special Notes)
Verify the correct Window Motor(s) / Door control module(s) are installed
Special Notes
Pinch Protection Adaptation
Make sure the window in question is completely closed.
Use the driver door window buttons to operate the window(s).
Roll down the window and keep holding the button down for 2 additional seconds after the window is already fully opened.
Roll up the window and keep holding the button up for 2 additional seconds after the window is already fully closed.
Now test the window automatic.
Category: Fault Codes

This is jus the codes for if the window will not close on the one touch ie you press/pull the button to open/close the window and it will go up or down auto, this sometimes happens when the battery has been changed or disconnected but will effect all electric windows

now did they put the window up using the button or when they had it stripped down take it up manually?????

If you was thinking of going down the second hand avenue then it may be worth dropping Hotstuff a PM as he may have one as hes been stripping an A2

Cheers Phil

Thanks

I've just been back in contact with the garage and when they cleared the fault code it worked from the switch for a short period before failing again.

Simon

Just bought a 2nd hand motor off ebay so fingers crossed when it arrives that fixes it

Simon

New motor fixed the window but since I got the car back I've noticed the alarm led in the door is acting strangely.

When I lock the doors with the remote the led flashes as normal for about 30sec and then stops flashing all together. All door are locked.
I've tried opening and closing the doors, hatch and front flap to make sure there all closed, but still the same.

Any idea's?

The handbook doesn't give a full description of led operation to debug the problem.

Simon

Just done a scan and seeing the fault code 015602 kwp1281
Right rear door
Static - deadlock does not disengage.
Tried the rear doors and they seem fine. Lock with the central locking, unlock ok and the deadlocks seem to be working.
Also checked the arm and that seems ok too

Looking at the led sequence when you arm the car it's
Approx 6 to 8 quick flashes, followed by 30 sec of flashing once per second, then there's a breif pause before one final single flash and then it goes out. Is there a list of the led flash codes anywhere?

Thanks in advance

Simon

Back