Electric window motor stopped working

drakey70

On one of the warmest days so far this year of all the things to stop working the drivers side window refused to open.
Got home a quick scan on my laptop with VAG COM showed up a b****red electric window motor.
Am i right in thinking this will be **** lots or can i souce one through a breakers yard or even via any one of the members on here.

Ebay is,nt an option as i no longer use it,damnded these cars are a pain when they go wrong but i still love it.

Yes, they are big bucks David, but as all A2s had front electoc windows, you should be able to get one from a breakers with little problem.

Try the recent link to Prestige Motors on these very pages, as they've just fully dismantled an A2 - you should have the part number from the scan you took.

Cheers,

Mike

Just tipical when,t to scan the car again and now it wont do a full scan gets to about half way and says it cant go any further because i need a registered product.

I did get this fault code 001366 but no other info this is the window motor but cant find the scan i did to see if a part number was stored.

Back