Electrical Fault causing the Hazard Lights to go off

Firstly, what a great site only came across this trying to find a solution to my problem with my A2.

I'm the proud owner of Audi A2 1.4 Tdi SE on 52 plate, which I have owned from new. Todate, I have done 91,000 trouble free miles since buying the car but my beloved A2 has developed a electrical fault, where the hazard lights keeping coming on their own accord.

I've noticed the fault seems to be triggered by temperature change in the cabin. For example if it's hot day as soon it turns night and outside temperature starts to cool the hazard lights get tripped. Likewise if it's cold day and then temperature warms up causes the hazard lights to come on.

Now this has been minor nuisance todate but it's starting to happen quite frequently overnight resulting in hazard lights are draining the battery :eek:

Has anyone else experienced a similar electrical issues with their A2? :confused:

I would most grateful if anyone knows of a solution to this problem?
My local Audi dealership haven't been much help on this subject!!!

Thanking you all in advance for your help and advise on this subject. :D

I second the relay problem - for the sake of £25 (the cost, approximately of a new relay), it's a relatively cheap thing to check out and they do go wrong with age.

One question back at you: you've owned the A2 new since 2002/03 and you've only just discovered A2OC? Where have you been???

Cheers,

Mike

Back