Eml and epc lights

frawley31

Hi again, my Eml and Epc have been coming on not all the time. I have noticed that it happens when I am on the school run, or in the morning. Over the last week its come on twice, the EPC will go off but the EML stays on. If I leave the car for 10 minutes and then go out and start her up no warning lights come. The car is fine after that, runs great and is running ok when the warning lights appear. As I have noticed it seems to be from when the engine is first fired up in the morning, and it's only coming on after the first mile . Thanks in advance Spud

Hi again, my Eml and Epc have been coming on not all the time. I have noticed that it happens when I am on the school run, or in the morning. Over the last week its come on twice, the EPC will go off but the EML stays on. If I leave the car for 10 minutes and then go out and start her up no warning lights come. The car is fine after that, runs great and is running ok when the warning lights appear. As I have noticed it seems to be from when the engine is first fired up in the morning, and it's only coming on after the first mile . Thanks in advance Spud

Have you checked your brake lights? Make sure they are working just to eliminate an easy test.

Press them several times with the ignition on and get someone to tell you if they are working.

Steve B

Cheers Steve, I will I changed a bulb on Saturday because I har a brake light out. Let's hope its not blown again, as I have had a problem with the fuel flap and its the same side as the bulb ? Could be something electrical . Will have a good look through the forum, I have been looking to see if anybody else has had the same symptoms. Thanks again Spud

Back