Engine Bay Wiring Loom Tape

wilco184

Member of the year 2015
All,

Does anyone have experience with the wiring loom tape used in the engine bay? It's slightly different to the interior stuff and looks to be heat proof or similar maybe? Is it possible to purchase?

I ask because I'm making extensive changes to a loom for a classic car that's being restored, and I'd like to keep the wiring as neat and protected as possible. :)

Regards,

Matt. :p

Hi Matt

Happened to come across a BMW engine bay loom tape when checking out connector block pins for GuruX - its near the bottom of the post in this link - http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=245319

Cheers Spike

PS. Think I've also found the Audi version p/n N 105 920 02 Webbing adhesive tape, Black, Engine bay temp resistant -40 to +150C. 19mm x 2500 x 0.3 (about £15 a roll)

It does not actually say its for wiring looms but there is also an orange coloured equivalent which is specified 'only for high voltage cables'

Last edited:
Had a repair done very recently by tom ( timmus ) in the engine bay, the tape he used was a perfect match so get in touch with tom he will be able to help you.

Back