Engine Management Light

lma2

Hello All,

Just had my A2 serviced and MOT'd (a couple of weeks ago) and the engine management light (the one in the speed gauge) has come on.

The car is running fine and all seems well. Is there anything I can check/tips/common causes for resolving the problem without approaching a dealership (bit skint at the moment)?

BTW: A2 1.4 Petrol Sport, and I don't have vagcom or similar :(

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
hi ima2 it is really hard to diagnose such problems on line --even harder when we don't know what a2 you have 1.4 petrol,1.6 petrol,14tdi,1.4tdi90 or even 1.2tdi.
i see you are in Manchester area so you may be close to mike(skipton01) if so see if he will do a scan and diagnose the problem for you.i can recommend his services and his work is second to none-as can allot of members here just bear in mind you will probably leave with a wish list of mods and optional extras!!! lol
hope you get it sorted soon mike

hi ima2 it is really hard to diagnose such problems on line --even harder when we don't know what a2 you have 1.4 petrol,1.6 petrol,14tdi,1.4tdi90 or even 1.2tdi.
i see you are in Manchester area so you may be close to mike(skipton01) if so see if he will do a scan and diagnose the problem for you.i can recommend his services and his work is second to none-as can allot of members here just bear in mind you will probably leave with a wish list of mods and optional extras!!! lol
hope you get it sorted soon mike

Thanks A2Sumo, that was a bit daft not putting the details of the car down. A2, 1.4 petrol sport. Sorry about that :) I will give Mike a PM, should be up his way soon. Suspected it would require reading of fault-codes and what-not.

:)

Back