Engine Management Warning

ksimpson

Hi,

You probably read my earlier post regarding a broken spring. The car was at the dealer for the last couple of days getting it and the bearing above it replaced. They also noticed that the front pads were 80% gone and the disks needed replacing (they didn't notice this when they had it for a service last month, but that's another story).

I live in Dublin and get the car serviced in Belfast. Drove up there withe the wife and kids today. Picked up the car before they closed at 1 p.m. and left it in a local shopping centre car park when we took the other car and did some stuff in Belfast for the day.

When we went back to pick the car up, my wife started it and noticed that the engine mangement warning light was on constantly, even after a short drive. The garage was closed so we couldn't go back to them.

We called the AA, but they never showed (after two hours waiting):mad::mad::mad:. I'm not sure they could have done much anyway.

The only option was to drive the car and hope for the best. It's driving fine, but the light stayed on the whole time.

Is there anything the garage could have done to cause this? Not sure how I'm going to get it sorted as the car is back in Dublin and I don't fancy driving to Belfast anytime soon.

I took off both front wheels tonight to see if there was anything left disconnected. I also disconnect the batter for 15 mins to see if that solved the problem.

Everything looked ok, however, the disconnecting the battery turned off the warning light. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it stays off.

I can't help thinking that it's something the stealer missed:mad:

Back