Engine managment light

Audimad

United-Kingdom
Driven to work and back today, 30 miles round trip, everything ok. Now just got in the car to go out and the engine management light has stayed on. Going to call Audi tomorrow but do you guys have any ideas what the problem could be? Only just picked the car up yesterday too, the dealer told me they have changed the cambelt as it needed doing and they have serviced the car but when i checked the service schedule on the DIS it reads that it is due in 6,400 miles. Not very happy right now.

Last edited:
Something to try - Faulty brake lights can trigger an EML so check they are all working. If not, it could be the bulbs or brake light switch.
The DIS often shows a low mileage after resetting to variable servicing intervals. If so, the mileage to next service should quickly increase. Keep an eye on it before complaining to the garage

Cheers Spike

Hi Spike

Thanks for your reply. Rang the dealer this morning, the car is booked in for this Friday, asked them if it had been serviced and was told no only the cambelt was changed so i'll be having a word with the sales manager.

Took the A2 back to the dealer today, they said they had forgot to reset the service indicator so that has now been done, got a print out of the cars service history done too. The engine was put on to the diagnostics to find out why the management light was on, it came up with a coil pack was showing an intermittent fault, the faulty coil pack was replaced and the light was off. We left and drove about 30 miles and it came back on, went back to the dealer who now have diagnosed a faulty electronic thermostat. Our A2 is a 1.6FSi with only 26,000 miles on the clock, it was previously owned by an elderly lady who only used it for very short journeys, do you think this could be the cause? the short journeys, NOT the elderly lady. It is booked back into the dealer on Monday to have a new thermostat fitted, hopefully it should be ok after this.

Last edited:
Back