Engine problem codes help please

POSH DAVE

A2OC Donor
Can someone help me please I have a petrol 1.4 A2 and the engine light has come on and the car judders when driving and feels a bit like it's not getting enough fuel ?
I took it to a friends garage and he ran a test on it and it came up with three error code:

P1196 O2 sensor heater circuit bank 1 sensor 1

P1178 lambda probes pump current open circuit bank 1 sensor 1

P1190 lambda sensor reference voltage signal improbable bank 1 sensor 1

I know most of you are diesel owners but can someone shed some light on this and what parts are needed and the cost of the said items etc

Many thanks
David

Can someone help me please I have a petrol 1.4 A2 and the engine light has come on and the car judders when driving and feels a bit like it's not getting enough fuel ?
I took it to a friends garage and he ran a test on it and it came up with three error code:

P1196 O2 sensor heater circuit bank 1 sensor 1

P1178 lambda probes pump current open circuit bank 1 sensor 1

P1190 lambda sensor reference voltage signal improbable bank 1 sensor 1

I know most of you are diesel owners but can someone shed some light on this and what parts are needed and the cost of the said items etc

Many thanks
David

HI David,

I can't help much but it does look like this is related to the "pre Cat" sensor (unfortunately the expensive one).

I am not sure about the "pump" bit, are you sure it said that?

I am sure that others will response soon.

Steve B

Hi thanks for the reply
Any idea of price? doesn't have to be genuine part or does anyone one on here have one for sale ?

I can't help much but it does look like this is related to the "pre Cat" sensor (unfortunately the expensive one).

I am not sure about the "pump" bit, are you sure it said that?

I am sure that others will response soon.

Steve B[/QUOTE]

Hi
I'm currently breaking a 2001 A2 1.4 petrol, if u require any parts.
Prices are cheaper to forum members obviously.

Taz

Morning
Thanks Steve for the reply
Can anyone confirm that the above eBay link item will work on my a2?
Thanks in advance

Morning
Thanks Steve for the reply
Can anyone confirm that the above eBay link item will work on my a2?
Thanks in advance

I might be difficult to find people who would confirm that it is the right one, especially from eBay, but the seller has listed it as suitable and it has a guarantee.

I was just being cautious.

Steve B

Lambda probes sit in a harsh environment and are essential for the correct running of the car. If it were me I'd be buying the genuine replacement part from Audi.

Lambda probes sit in a harsh environment and are essential for the correct running of the car. If it were me I'd be buying the genuine replacement part from Audi.

Hi Dan
I agree 100% but a saving of well over £100 and they are guaranteed for 2 years is not bad if you are looking for a cheaper option.

Any significant part like this should always be replaced with genuine Audi oarts but not everyone has the spare cash.

Steve B

Back