Engine replacement

mm2006

Hi Guys and Girls,

We are clocking up the miles on our little A2 and at the moment we want to keep it forever!

We were wondering about the feasibility of replacing the engine when it gets old and tired.
How much does it cost? Is it recommended? Can we get a brand new engine from Audi?

Cheers
Mark and Marie

i've done an engine transplant about 2 years which went well 1.4 petrol.
cost £300 for engine. and about £500 for transplant....first the engine had 10,00 miles covered on it but something happened before transplant so they had to rebuild a new one(so i was told) on their dime but been fine every since done about 40,00 miles with no problem whats so ever

I have gone for a recon engine in the past and the car is still going with 255k an Audi 80 I fitted it at 150k when the head gasket went it was cheaper to fit and by a recon engine than fix the gasket haha plus Iam sure there is plenty to find out there for under a grand fitted

do not go to audi!
I have had a replacement engine on a car just out of warranty (cambelt snapped) from VAG
Here is how they work:
Car broke on motorway, 70 mph, they wanted to charge me £200 to check that the engine was knackered - when they know the engine code and that at 70mph, the valves and pistons on that engine come into contact hence wrecked engine. needless to say I refused to pay that
They then charge either - £2200 for head replacement, or £2700 for engine, and then the labour.
They argue about giving you a courtesy car when you are almost buying it!
Bill came in at £3000

Glen

Back