engine reving

bammers

Hi fellas ... advice please.. When i start the engine from cold it revs of its own accord ... goes like ... rev dip rev dip rev dip ..... whats that all about ..? Do i need to remortgage..? Regards Matt

Hi fellas ... advice please.. When i start the engine from cold it revs of its own accord ... goes like ... rev dip rev dip rev dip ..... whats that all about ..? Do i need to remortgage..? Regards Matt

Hi Matt

I have not heard of this problem before. Suggest you start with a diagnostic scan and keep the house for now.

Cheers Spike

I had a faulty idle control valve on a Calibra many years ago which resulted in erratic revving of the engine; much as you describe. Not sure if this could be your problem here?!

Darren

I had a faulty idle control valve on a Calibra many years ago which resulted in erratic revving of the engine; much as you describe. Not sure if this could be your problem here?!

Darren

Hi Darren

I'm guessing your Calibra had a petrol engine

Cheers Spike

Hi Darren

I'm guessing your Calibra had a petrol engine

Cheers Spike

Hi Spike,

Spot on as usual.

Not being mechanically minded, I confess to not being converse to the petrol/diesel engine differentials. Just throwing this in the pot, with full knowledge that a guru such as yourself would be along to advise.

Cheers,

Darren

Back