Engine vibration through steering wheel???

jamjia

Any ideas everyone? My A2 has started to develope a very faint but noticable vibration through the steering wheel, in gear, not in gear and when driving. This never happened to the A2 before, was smooth as a baby's bottom before so wonder why its happening now.

Possible problem with the dual-mass flywheel. Does the car almost rock when stationary? If so, that'll be the likely cause, otherwise it could be a number of things - bent wheels being the primary culprit.

Cheers,

Mike

Mine has the same problem and it shouldn't be there as I have the 'luxury' of having two A2's on the drive at the minute.

Not had time to take mine in yet but I notice that I get noticeable vibration if I hold the car on the clutch. Nil from the older A2 (2001 61k). I am suspecting the dual mass flywheel but have to decide how I can convince the dealer to investigate under warranty. I know its there because I drive the thing every day - but will the mechanic?

To convince the dealer, make the workshop manager, or the master mechanic, go out for a test drive with you and demonstrate the problem.

If as is sometimes the case, the fault doesn't show, then insist that it is there and that they should do some investigation anyway - the reliability of the flywheel, whilst good, is not impeccable.

Cheers,

Mike

Back