Engine warning light

Apologies if this has been covered before; I have a TDi90 126k miles. Hasn’t been touched/interfered with for 6m +
It runs and drives very well.
This am I went to the local garage to put some diesel in, roughly 0.3miles. Obvs I turned it off when I got there. When I got home I turned it off again. Then about 20 mins later when driving off on a longer journey the OK light came on as usual but the engine warning light didn’t go out.
The journey was 15 miles, it drove as it usually does, no smoke, no noises, temp went up to normal etc. There was nothing obviously different or wrong.
I realise the only definitive thing to do is get it plugged into a laptop to see if there are any fault codes but before I do that does anyone have a shortlist of what the likely problem or problems could be?
Thanks

Apologies if this has been covered before; I have a TDi90 126k miles. Hasn’t been touched/interfered with for 6m +
It runs and drives very well.
This am I went to the local garage to put some diesel in, roughly 0.3miles. Obvs I turned it off when I got there. When I got home I turned it off again. Then about 20 mins later when driving off on a longer journey the OK light came on as usual but the engine warning light didn’t go out.
The journey was 15 miles, it drove as it usually does, no smoke, no noises, temp went up to normal etc. There was nothing obviously different or wrong.
I realise the only definitive thing to do is get it plugged into a laptop to see if there are any fault codes but before I do that does anyone have a shortlist of what the likely problem or problems could be?
Thanks
State of the battery and the condition of the earthing points might be a good place to start in the absence of any scan data.

Thanks. I haven’t had the battery tested but it seems absolutely fine. Even after being left for 2wks+ the engine turns very quickly and starts straight away

My thoughts are the ASV has given a signal out of the tight tolerances the ECU will accept. This could be due to wear or oil seepage into the electronics of the valve. The tolerance within the ECU is too small and there is a software upgrade that can be performed to increase this tolerance. If this is the case then you would need to have the ECU flashed by someone like @depronman

It could well be the ASV being slightly out of tolerance and it is a well know issue in the atl and bhc tdi engines
But without the fault code to confirm this we are shooting in the dark
As was mentioned earlier I have a software fix for this issue for both the atl and the bhc engines I can also offer a free vagcom scan to confirm the issue but you are few miles from me
If a ride out to St Anne’s suits you then get in touch

Cheers. Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back