EPC & Engine warning light

redbull_a2

A2OC Donor
Was wondering if these 2 lights are related ? my starter motor starting to screech so im guessing thats what the EPC is for. Hoping engine warning light is related ?

My A2 is stored away now until AIP so will get it all sorted for then .

Starter motor screech is not epc light or engine light. It is a sign that the bendix ( gear on starter motor is dry) common problem that is usually just left- unless you just fancy cleaning it out BUT DO NOT GREASE IT !
The epc and engine light will probably be brake light switch not working correctly again a common issue but easily fixed for £15 iirc. Fingers crossed you get it sorted for audis in the park. Cheers mike

Starter motor screech is not epc light or engine light. It is a sign that the bendix ( gear on starter motor is dry) common problem that is usually just left- unless you just fancy cleaning it out BUT DO NOT GREASE IT !
The epc and engine light will probably be brake light switch not working correctly again a common issue but easily fixed for £15 iirc. Fingers crossed you get it sorted for audis in the park. Cheers mike

Thanks Mike

I have seen switches on ebay all at different prices, How much from Audi ? and is it an easy job to do ?

Quite lucky that i have another car to use everyday, My A2 spends most of its time in my garage , hardly used which is the way i like it :) Trying to preserve it :)

[SUP][/SUP]
Thanks Mike

I have seen switches on ebay all at different prices, How much from Audi ? and is it an easy job to do ?

Quite lucky that i have another car to use everyday, My A2 spends most of its time in my garage , hardly used which is the way i like it :) Trying to preserve it :)

I bought an after market brand switch from ECP for about £8 and it was more trouble than it was worth. Slightly harder to get the piston to the required length (didn`t help i was busted it before fitting).

Then bought a genuine Audi switch for around £10 and was much easier. Stick to genuine Audi as the price difference isn`t worth worrying about.

Very Easy DIY fix. Took at least 30 minutes the first time but then only takes about 5 minutes second time around. Many a thread on how to replace on this site.

Last edited:
[SUP][/SUP]

I bought an after market brand switch from ECP for about £8 and it wasnt more trouble than it was worth. Slightly harder to get the piston to the required length (didn`t help i was busted it before fitting).

Then bought a genuine Audi switch for around £10 and was much easier. Stick to genuine Audi as the price difference isn`t worth worrying about.

Very Easy DIY fix. Took at least 30 minutes the first time but then only takes about 5 minutes second time around. Many a thread on how to replace on this site.

Cheers Olly

Back