EPC Light and Power Steering Connection

Hi
Just wanted to know as some of the other threads I have posted on this subject "EPC Light"

Is there a connection between the Power Steering and the EPC being lit.
I have an Intermittent EPC light which came on today when i was parking the car in a space at some local services, noticed when I turned the wheel a tad quicker than normal power steering does go heavy of which then I noticed the EPC lit .
When I came back to the car and turned the ignition the EPC light stayed on (as I had only left the car for 5 mins).
After a 30 min drive and a 30min wait (with ignition off) When I turned the key again EPC light had stayed OFF and has not come back throughout the day .
( i am rambling on )
My question is there something on the power steering (sensor) that maybe faulty or the only way to diagnose is to have it plugged in (Vagcom)

Regards

Did you find out what the problem is as I've had the same thing happen?

No
EPC light has not come back since the last time, and also I don't think there is a connection between EPC light and power steering " unless someone tells me different" the power steering could have its own issues .
Diagnostics is not a strong point of mine so a trip to my local garage will probably sort things out .

Just a thought. Had the car warmed through before switching off. If not could have been why the epc light came on. Mine sometimes comes on (petrol) when manovering in bottom or reverse, it runs as if the choke is on (not always) and is a unresolved ongoing problem which causes the light to come on. I wouldnt worry unless it keeps happening. The epc light is a constant cause of concern especially with the 1.4 petrol. I have had 2 Arosa's and a polo which all suffered. Cheers Colin

Hello Colin
I think you maybe right the EPC light has come on only "intermittent" when manovering in bottom or reverse .
As i have to reverse of the drive and onto a slight gradient .
I think that unless it comes on for a period of time in conjunction with something else I will be less concerned .
Thanks for the reply

Cheers ;)

Back