EPC Light On Dash

Hey, I've got EPC lit up on the dash. I've scanned it with my VAG COM lead and it said that 1 fault was found.
00526 - Brake Light Switch - F
008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent.

Can someone point my in the right direction as to where it is situated so I can change it...

Regards

Tony

Thanks Spike. Bit of a nightmare... The new switch doesnt extend enough.
Maybe that is the problem that people are having, it might be worthwhile filing a couple of millimetres off the end so that it extends further to stop the brake light staying on. I've read that a few people have noticed blackening round the terminals, obviously there is a fault in the switch, so either the spring fails and does not push out enough, so filing the plastic rod on the end of the switch may help eliminate that.
I have fitted my new one and see how it goes till the weekend, if it still plays up I'll try shortening it slightly......

Tony

well, after going for a drive, and thinking the problem was solved as no lights were on the dash, they came back after a few mins of driving. I scanned it again, now it is saying front abs brakes mk60, and interior motion sensor causing something or other...

Any thoughts?

Tony

Also now the brake lights have failed. They work on dipped beam, but not from the pedal? Could it be a fuse or have I done something wrong ?

You will most probably need to replace the brake light switch, which is located above the pedal area

Cheers
Sarge

I had same problem with brake light switch failure. I refitted a new one and all back to normal. . . until 3weeks later when the warning light started to flash again although brake lights still work no problem. It is important to fit the switch as per the instructions otherwise the lights will not work properly. I slammed the brakes on a few times once the warning light came on which eliminated the warning light, but this idea does not work now. Filing the pin would sound a plausible idea to me.

Back