Equipment Rarity Scale

drewroberts

A2OC Donor
Was wondering what you guys thought of this thread. For those of us looking for a well equipped A2. What do we all think are the rarest extras that could have been either factory or retro fitted, on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the most common and 10 being super rare. It's probably been done before but might be fun to see what you guys think.

Climate control/aircon.
Leather/alcantara bench.
Heated seats.
Bose/symphony.
Double DIN Dash.
Headlight washers.
Auto dimming mirror.
Rear cup holders.
Rear electric windows.
Rear parking sensors.
Cruise control.
Open sky system.
Sat nav/bluetooth etc.
Multi-function steering wheel.
Side guard airbag.
Boot 6 CD changer.
Space floor box.
TV tuner etc.
VOTEX kit.
Tow bar/roof rails.
Audi exclusive colours.

And any others that I may have omitted from the list that you lot can think of. Will be interesting to hear what the consensus is.
Cheers guys happy A2'ing
Drew.

Last edited:
Reactions: AJB
Aero wiper blade? Slatted grill? Novel interior combination of colours? oil bottle holder in boot? False floor in boot? spare tyre?

Great replies guys. Things such as model specific extras i wouldn't want to include as they are standard on the specific models bought i.e False floor for an SE spec. and 17" wheels and DIS on a Sport. Aero blade and slatted grill was a facelift so only rare pre its introduction to the range. The handbrake tray was also standard on Double DIN models as the other single DIN cubby hole was lost when Double DIN stereo was fitted. How kind of the Audi designers.

List wise
1, Climate
2, OSS
3, Leather, heated, sports
4, Cruise
5, rear power windows
6 Towbar
7, Parking sensors,
8, MFSW
9, Double Din (modern satnav)

Purely Cosmetic,
10, That lovely Yellow of @a2sumo
11, Fogs
12, Headlight washers

Calling @timmus

Double DIN is important.

Double Din is important to some people, but not to others... I recently said to Tom that I couldn't bear to drive JRV until the BOSE is in :) I think the point is more about how rare they are...

My scores...
(These are the Factory Options that I can think of right now, opening it up to items capable of being retro-fitted opens up a HUGE list - just see my .sig)

Climate control/aircon 2
Leather/alcantara bench 9
Heated seats 8
Bose 4
Symphony 5
Double DIN Dashboard 4 - All cars with Symphony have DD, but not all DD's have Symphony
Non-Screen Sat Nav (Don't know the name) 2
RNS-D (Original Screen SatNav) 3
Headlight washers 3
Auto dim mirror 4
Rear cup holders 3
Rear electric windows 4 - A lot more common on earlier cars
Rear parking sensors 3
Cruise control - Original fit 3, Retrofit 7
Open sky system 4
(Broken Sky System) 5
Bluetooth/Phone Preparation ... Was this ever an option?
Side guard air bag 2 - Although it's often there, but very rarely mentioned
Boot CD changer 4
TV tuner 1 I don't remember ever seeing this
VOTEX kit 3
Tow bar 3
Roof rails 4
Heated Mirrors 4

Not sure if we're talking rarity or personal opinion on desirability now.

My preferences FWIW:
Couldn't live without climate.
Would very much like Sports seats, for the comfort. Leather/cloth as it comes.
Would like Cruise.
(I am intending to source and sort the latter two in the not too distant future)
Would like an AUX-IN via headphone socket to connect my MP3 player and Bluetooth for handsfree phone (suggestions welcome)
Would be very nice to have OSS, working or otherwise.
Would be nice to have rear parking sensors, auto-dimming RVM, heated seats and mirrors - I appreciate them all on my Volvo.
Not hugely worried by Votex, DIS, BOSE, cupholders, rear electric windows and especially not Sat-Nav.

Oh ... another one to add to the extras list, rarity or otherwise - the space-saver spare. I fundementally don't believe in tyre-goo and wouldn't have a car that had no option of a spare and nowhere to conveniently store a secondhand wheel.

Just to prove that there are cars out there that can be bought with the whole list of options, the list below is the spec of the 2001 Ebony Black TDI SE I found for sale at £2,000 with a minor gearbox problem (now my "Keeper")
Original price when new including these extras was £25,000 according to the sales document and that was 17 years ago!!!

Climate control/aircon.
Leather/alcantara bench.
Heated seats.
BOSE/symphony.
Double DIN Dashboard.
Headlight washers.
Auto dim mirror.
Rear cup holders.
Rear electric windows.
Rear parking sensors.
Cruise control.
Open sky system (working).
Sat nav/bluetooth RNS D
Side guard air bag.
Boot CD changer.
TV tuner etc.
VOTEX kit. (In the loft ready to go on)
Tow bar/Roof rails.
Cruise Control
Parking sensors
Phone Prep
Heated mirrors
Heated washer nozzles
Multi Function Steering wheel (standard)
Rear Power socket
Space Saver spare
DIS

I has 170K on the clock but runs perfectly.

So if you want a mega spec car then keep looking, they ARE out there.

Rather than rate each when I see an advert the first thing I look for is DIS (not only found on Sport models), then OSS, then Double DIN dash, heated leather seats, rear electric windows, VOTEX, Cruise, parking sensors, Sideguard (a very rare option - so rare that I never expect to see it.

Steve B

Last edited:
I'm in the process of listing all the available options from a 2004 price list that TerryWindy gave me a few years back with all factory options and prices. Watch this space so to speak.

Reactions: AJB
Back