Error Code P0507

Draggon

A2OC Donor
Car has been idling funny for a few weeks now..nothing to worry about but at standstill can idle up to 2000 rpm then back to 900 and sit for a while then back up again...then back down again...weird.

But engine light came on today :( (not happy if you already know the issues we had before xmas)

Any way checked and code P0507 Idle control high ??? of course...but what could be causing it....leak or something else?

Any thought greatly appreciated before I take to garage :(

It could be different on the FSI's but my TDI started having erratic idle up to 2000 rpm etc and it was due to the dual temp sender failing, which basically meant that the engine wasnt getting the required info to fuel the cold engine correctly.

John

Thanks John will add that to the list.

It does happen even when warm...so still no idea atm....will take into garage asap.

16891/P0507/001287 - Idle Control System RPM: Higher than Expected.

Possible Symptoms
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) active
Possible Causes
Throttle Valve Control Module (J338) dirty/faulty
Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Throttle Valve Control Module (J338)
Vacuum Leak
Possible Solutions
Check Throttle Valve Control Module (J338)
Check Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Throttle Valve Control Module (J338)
Check Intake System for Leaks
Special Notes
When found in the NAR 2.0T (BPY) check RVUTB: 01-09-03 or 2018919 for updated Crankcase Breather Valve
If the breather valve is faulty, full engine vacuum is typically found when removing the oil cap at idle.

Cheers
Sarge

Thankyou Sarge, my Bluetooth ODB2 reader and torque app for my phone does not give me that level of detail :)

Much appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Well after having the car serviced a couple of weeks ago, the light was sorted by sorting a loose hose (garage said)
But lo and behold...error code is back :)

This time I get the P0507....and a pending P0171 error code as well :(

Back to the garage ....hope it is cheap :(

16555/P0171/000369

16555/P0171/000369 - Fuel Trim; Bank 1: System Too Lean

Possible Causes
Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70) defective
Intake System Leak(s)
Possible Solutions
Check Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70)
Check Fuel Pressure Regulation
Check Fuel Pump
Check Injectors
Check Intake System for Leaks
Check Exhaust System for Leaks
Check Secondary Air System for Leaks
Check Vacuum Pipes for Leaks
Special Notes
Fuel Trim Info

Last edited by a moderator:
Still have not taken into garage (no time to to date :( )

And now we have some sort of Oil leak on front drivers side of engine...somehwere....weirdly, not oil loss when looking at dipstick?!!

Garage time me thinks before it all gets worse :(

Car went in yesterday...back today...error codes gone for now....and oil leak was the Oil Filler pipe was broken.

I cannot believe it was causing the P0507 error....but am happy to be proved wrong.

Watch this space.

Car went in yesterday...back today...error codes gone for now....and oil leak was the Oil Filler pipe was broken.

I cannot believe it was causing the P0507 error....but am happy to be proved wrong.

Watch this space.

Its possible as the broken oil filler pipe would cause an air leak in the closed circuit crankcase breather system which would in turn affect the idle.

Cheers Spike

Thanks Spike, I am very happy to be proved a pesamistic sceptic.....wife hasnt driven it properly yet as we use my car at weekends.
Hopefully will prove ok and that was the fix.

I was just on the verge of being very disenchanted with the 2, especially after the hassle we had at start of the year with big repair costs.

If I can get 6 months happy free motoring it will return my faith in this particular A2 :)
Its serviced, its running ok, let the fun begin again....oh and the OpenSky is oiled and working :)
Cheers

Back