Error fault code 18038 putting car into limp mode

Hi - I'm having a intermittent fault code "18038 - Accelerator Position Sensor (G79): Signal too Low" which is putting the car into "limp" mode.

There is no pattern to this, it can appear after 30 seconds, sometimes it won't appear at all (max journey travelled so far without it happening is 60 miles). When it does appear turning the car off for 30 seconds seems to clear the error.

When it first appeared the garage replaced the throttle pedal assembly - this didn't cure it, the garage then repalced the throttle body....

Still not cured...

I've since taken it to another garage who used Vagcom to investigate and found the same error code which pointed towards the throttle pedal again, attached below are the readings....

View attachment LOG-01-062-xxx-xxx.pdf

As you can see at idle my throttle is registering 14.5% output and will go to a maximum of 78.5% output when pushed to the carpet (which in itself is odd). When the assembly is removed from its fixings the range is 14.5% and 90%.

Just odd that it's A) Starting so high... and B) only managing a max of 80% - the workshop guide says that the pedal should operate between 0 and 100%

Can anybody out there tell me what their pedal readings are before I start over and replace the pedal again.

....or if you have any other thoughts on what might be causing it I'd be grateful!

Thanks in advance!

Back