Evening all

New member, but been lurking for a while.
Just bought the missus 2003 TDI in black last weekend and thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm nic,live on Sunderland and been a keen amateur car bloke since I passed my test. I had a brand new a2 as a courtesy car back in 2000 and have always had a soft spot so was happy when she said she wanted one.
Bought an ash black TDI, 135k base model, with a duff oss, scruffy polished alloys, wiper catching the screen and rattling heat shield a2 but already she lives it, and I paid a little.
It will fit in well with the rest of the fleet, Passat TDI chipped to 174, coilovers and other bits and pieces, Saab 900 turbo convertible, Scorpio ultima cosworth and Granada 3.0s.
Plans so far are, bought a new wiper arm and waiting to for it, nice set of 17s to go on, bought a complete duff oss to have a go at fixing them, used to fix old ford sunfoofs years ago, chip to 90hp and I have a cream leather already to fit.
For me the oss is annoying, I want to get it working even though it will only get used 3/4 times a year.
This weekend in the maiden long run so if anyone sees us going down the A1 Friday give me a wave, off to London to see my daughter.

Thanks for having me, Nic

27 minutes and no one's said hello yet. Tsk we are losing out touch.

Welcome to this fantastic community and of course planet A2! :cool:

Hello !
Welcome too !. I,m no expert but i,m led to believe that an opensky repair job is a fairly complicated affair unless its a fuse or lubrication issue. Please let us know how you go on with photos,s etc. If you get stuck there are a couple of people who may be able to assist. Also they do come up occasionally as complete units on ebay so don,t despair if you think it is not repairable.
Ta
Dave
:)

Last edited:
Hi Nic,
Welcome to a great club with lots of helpful members, and some good old fashioned banter along the way!
Be good to see you at a social sometime and hope you get your OSS sorted!
Cheers Jeff

Welcome to this wonderful club! I don't miss a day without going on here! The thing to note with your OSS is that even broken, it's a great addition! You wouldn't have been going over 45-50 MPH anyway .... it's too noisy! I wouldn't

even consider an A2 without OSS, even if it was gold-plated! LOL! The first thing to do is for you to remove the internal sun-screens and let the light in! My partners A2 has never had the roof working, and she's not bothered one jot!

David

Hello Nic,
Sounds like you have a great little project A2 in the making!

If you need a free vcds A2 heath check scan, i live right next to the A1. Cheers.

Cheers all, just got the cruise delivered today so next week's job sorted, wifey loves is it and I'm happy to have her on a vag diesel, my Passat is 12 years old and never been apick of bother in the 11 years I've had it, plus I'd tinkered with her focus enough there was nothing left to do. The open sky I have bought is complete but out of the car, easier to work on that way. The blind's do rattle so they will be coming out so we will see.

Welcome...I too have an A2 with a duff OSS.... :)

I bought my black A2 from a tiny village just north of Sunderland -Whitburn so maybe you might have seen it on the school run up there!!

I too, am on a mission to bring it back to life so I look forward to reading your successful posts!

Allan

Hi and welcome .. believe it or not i have oss that works and barely use it ... only when parked up .. never use it when driving ... hope you get yours sorted though.. zip

Thanks all, looking forward to having a play, plus as usual I have started something that gets out of hand, just bought another one. ******;)

Back