Exhaust maybe needed

POSH DAVE

A2OC Donor
Noticed the other day whilst driving that my exhaust seems to be blowing , not had chance to investigate but thought I would ask in advance :
What are the best replacement parts
Or does anyone have a good 1.4 petrol replacement?
Thanks in advance
David

not sure about the petrol but the tdi is Audi only and all in one piece and over £640 which is likely plus VAT
It also needs you to remove the rear subframe to fit it as the Exhaust was fitted before the sub frame

Thankfully they don't rot other than the flexi pipe which is replaceable if you know what you are doing

My pennies are on flexi dave. Try taking it to kwik fit or Halfords to diagnose.
Yep will take it to the guys I normally use in Harrogate and jack it up , just thought I would get a heads up first of what I might expect price wise , cheers for the reply

Hello,

Getting someone to fit it is highly recommended. Its a pig of a job to do on the driveway.
I used a rotary tool to cut the pipe and then removed the down pipe from the turbo and worked on that section away from the car.
There was definitely more to it than meets the eye.
All the best,
Andy

IMG_20180212_155654512.jpg
IMG_20180212_155717995.jpg
IMG_20180212_155729451.jpg

We have a 1.4 petrol and the exhaust was blowing at the hanger just near the centre cat, we got the whole thing including the cat and flexi from ECP for £106. Not saying it was the best quality and it had to be modified to fit, but it’s on the car and it passed its MOT.

not sure about the petrol but the tdi is Audi only and all in one piece and over £640 which is likely plus VAT
It also needs you to remove the rear subframe to fit it as the Exhaust was fitted before the sub frame

Thankfully they don't rot other than the flexi pipe which is replaceable if you know what you are doing

If you're "darn sarf", Mr Exhaust in Reigate do Tdi exhausts with separate front and rear sections. They show a full exhaust including fitting & VAT as being £426.90. I've used them before, they are an independent who do nothing but exhaust systems and their work is second to none. They also do flexible replacements and will repair an exhaust if it's practical to do so. Probably worth a punt if you're not such a spanner guru as Depronman.

Back