Extended Warranty

Smick

I am considering getting an extended warranty from Isaac Agnew Audi in Belfast.

It is going to cost £250 for 12 months and the dealer claims that it will cover all that the manufacturer's warranty covers.

One major worry is that I have been told that I cannot buy a further 12 months warranty once this one expires, I have to choose the period of the extension now.

Is this normal? And do people think that this sounds like a good deal? It is underwritten by a crowd called Lumley who seem to be doing all the Agnew franchises.

It sounds too good to be true. A full warranty for £250 think I would want to see the small print first.

hi smick

when we first got the a2 took it to audi birmingham for a warranty repair on ashtray as it has got 57500 miles asked about a extra warranty had to have a multipoint check £89.50+vat
For 1 yr £595.00 18mth £745 2yr £895
it is run by listers assist
cover mechanical & electrial repairs labour&parts.
yours is cheep as chips
i would read the small print to see what was coverd

regards
robin

The guy working in the dealer is the brother of a friend and I asked him about it. He says that there have been people used it for replacement of faulty hazard warning light switch and electric windows, right through to severe engine problems. I asked would the Open Sky System be covered and he said yes.

I shelled out the £250. Hopefully I won't have to test out the quality of the warranty. I'll check the fine print tonight.

OK. The Warranty is for MOT failure and extended warranty. £250.

Maximum claim under the MOT cover is £750, excess £10.
Maximum claim under extended warranty £8,000

Exclusions are Service Items, bodywork, glass, brake discs, drums, wiring, printed circuit boards, miscellaneous other items. Any modifications / customisations outside of the spec. Traffic accident damage. Misuse.

Seems fairly good to me.

One issue is that I am living in the Republic of Ireland and the warranty is a UK one so I may have to use the 14 day cooling off period to cancel it.

Back