Facelifted A2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karcsi,

I do believe that the A2 version’s currently available to order is what is being considered the 2003 facelift. To date I have not even seen any wild guesses as to what the new A3 will look like, but I doubt that it will be on the streets until next September. Perhaps a trip to Hungary with a camera is in order.

Regards
John Disdale

I personally haven't heard any news of a facelifted A2 - although I have heard the 1.6 FSI referred to as a facelifted A2 so maybe they they are just referring to a new model coming out in 2003?

Wilfred van 't Hart sent me the following photos recently which I have not put on the A2OC site yet:

New A3
www.audi-a2.co.uk/a3.jpg

New Merc A-Class
www.audi-a2.co.uk/aclass1.jpg
www.audi-a2.co.uk/aclass2.jpg

Enjoy!

Stuart.

2001 TDI SE, Open Sky System, 16" six spoke alloys, Kenwood Mask CD.
Please support the A2OC & Forum: www.Audi-A2.co.uk/support.htm

Are these real cars, the merc looks a lil comp enhanced, is your source reliable in these pics authenticity?

1.4SE petrol 2001, Dark interior, Sat cloth, Brilliant Silver, 3 spoke Steering wheel, Rear electric windows and Panasonic MR555 stereo, Panasonic 8CD changer, 10 speakers (2 extra 13" 190 watt each.)

You will find that photos in magazines such as AutoExpress of up and coming models are computer enhanced. They take a spy shot and allow someone artistic licence and hey presto-a image that usually isn't too far off the finished product!.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

That's right - a lot of these photos are fairly speculative, but more often than not are almost exactly right when the actual model is produced. I have to admit, the A3 picture does look a little far fetched!

2001 TDI SE, Open Sky System, 16" six spoke alloys, Kenwood Mask CD.
Please support the A2OC & Forum: www.Audi-A2.co.uk/support.htm

The A3 lol that looks plausable because theres a trend with audi and all other car manufacturers to go towards a more curved look with cars take the new convertable A4 for instance more curved that previous, its the merc thats dodgy looking it doesnt loook far fetched it looks just darn right all out fake.

1.4SE petrol 2001, Dark interior, Sat cloth, Brilliant Silver, 3 spoke Steering wheel, Rear electric windows and Panasonic MR555 stereo, Panasonic 8CD changer, 10 speakers (2 extra 13" 190 watt each.)

I hope it does look like that, it is my intention to buy the new A3 for my wife in around 18 months to 2 years time as I think this will be the best way to not have terrible depriciation and have a new car, I like to plan ahead.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back