fault code 19559:035

frankval

hi can anyone help have fitted new throttle body (airintake )engine manage light still comming on intermittently car cut out wouldnt start next day started fine fualt code showing 19559:035 cant find eny info ??

hi can anyone help have fitted new throttle body (airintake )engine manage light still comming on intermittently car cut out wouldnt start next day started fine fualt code showing 19559:035 cant find eny info ??
Have you carried out throttle body adaption with VCDS ?

Hi

Are you able to confirm some details on you car, ie petrol/diesel etc

Found some reference to this code on this forum here at the end of this thread

J

Hi

When a new throttle body is fitted, or indeed removed, cleaned and refitted it needs to be adapted to the car, think of it as the ECU learning the part and and its parameters. VCDS is a software tool you can use to do this.

Do you have or have access to VCDS?

J

Hi

When a new throttle body is fitted, or indeed removed, cleaned and refitted it needs to be adapted to the car, think of it as the ECU learning the part and and its parameters. VCDS is a software tool you can use to do this.

Do you have or have access to VCDS?

J
thank you for advice,, no i don,t have access to vcds but the garage that fitted it for should ,the problem i have is, the engine cut out on me, and wouldnt start i left it for some hours, and it then started fine no problem , engine management light still on , any idea why it cut out ?? would it be the throttle body flap closed completly, and cut off air supply ?? any advice would be great cheers

thank you for advice,, no i don,t have access to vcds but the garage that fitted it for should ,the problem i have is, the engine cut out on me, and wouldnt start i left it for some hours, and it then started fine no problem , engine management light still on , any idea why it cut out ?? would it be the throttle body flap closed completly, and cut off air supply ?? any advice would be great cheers
I think you need to talk to your garage, as if, as seems likely, they didn't use a VAG specific scan tool, (otherwise they'd have found out what you now know themselves). You don't want to keep paying for expertise that may not be there.
Mac.

I have very limited knowledge of the 1.4 diesels, but from reading the wiki it would appear v157 is a motor that controls a flap on the inlet manifold ( not sure but this may play a role in the clean shutdown of the engine ). It may be faulty or perhaps the connector got disturbed when the throttle body was changed. It would be worth a good squirt of switch cleaner and removing and refitting the connector a couple of times to clean up the pins; a low or no cost option.

best wishes

J

Back