Fault code P0401 & P0106

Hi,

The amber engine light came on a while back and displayed fault code P0401 - EGR flow insufficient. I reset it and it came back on after a short drive.

I scanned it again and also got fault code P0106 Map/Baro CKT range/performance.

Just wondering what the best course of action is?

Hi,

The amber engine light came on a while back and displayed fault code P0401 - EGR flow insufficient. I reset it and it came back on after a short drive.

I scanned it again and also got fault code P0106 Map/Baro CKT range/performance.

Just wondering what the best course of action is?
Hi, what engine is that for please?
Mac.

If I recall correctly, I had the same 401 code before. The egr was the issues, I'd cleaned it, which worked for a while, then the fault code came back and I needed a new egr. After fitting needs a short calibration, well if it accepts is right away. That solved the issue for me and been good for years.

I need to tackle it soon. I'll get an used original one and clean it so I have it ready to install while I'm working on the one that's fitted now. From what I've seen the cheap aftermarket ones are not worth the money and either don't work or fail within months.

Here is a helpful video.

Thanks. I'll crack on with cleaning it oot and see how it goes. Once I've worked oot how to do it👍
There's a shorter but trickier way and one that takes longer, but the "proper" way. Also don't start the whole processes if you haven't got the tools to adapt the egr, like vcds.

Back