Fault codes 17671, 00668 and 00588 is my engine going to fall out?

JPA

I have been having quite a few problems recently with oil and water leaks and the car stuttering above 2,000 rpm so i thought that i would try to run some diagnostics on it and i got these codes.
FYI, my a2 is a 1.4 2004 TDi (75).

VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-US

Control Module Part Number: 045 906 019 AT
Component and/or Version: 1,4l R3 EDC 0000SG 1532
Software Coding: 00002
Work Shop Code: WSC 02138
Additional Info: WAUZZZ8Z64N006055 AUZ7Z0C2440809
1 Fault Found:
17671 - Pump-Jet Valve: Cylinder 2 (N241): Implausible Signal
P1263 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Control Module Part Number: 8Z0 907 379 D
Component and/or Version: ESP FRONT MK60 0101
Software Coding: 0007303
Work Shop Code: WSC 02154
1 Fault Found:
00668 - Supply Voltage Terminal 30
002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent

Control Module Part Number: 8Z0 959 655 E
Component and/or Version: Airbag Front+Seite 5005
Software Coding: 00102
Work Shop Code: WSC 02152
1 Fault Found:
00588 - Airbag Igniter: Driver Side (N95)
32-10 - Resistance too High - Intermittent

Does anyone know what that could mean and how to fix them?

Thanks for all of your help.

JPA

I'd say your misfiring is probably due to an injector wiring harness - these are known to fail on the TDi and give misfire symptoms which the ECU reports as an injector fault. Get the harness changed first (the part is about £70 and it's a 2hour job) and see where that takes you.

The ESP fault - I'm not sure, but perhaps the ABS wheel speed sensor is faulty? There are issues with the wiring harness getting damaged. Again can be replaced by replacing the wiring.

The airbag wiring fault - do you get an airbag warning light on the dash? I know nothing about airbags but perhaps there's a dirty connection in the steering column wiring? Take care on that.

I'd say your misfiring is probably due to an injector wiring harness - these are known to fail on the TDi and give misfire symptoms which the ECU reports as an injector fault. Get the harness changed first (the part is about £70 and it's a 2hour job) and see where that takes you.

Thanks, in regards to injector wiring. Is that something that I would be able to do myself (i have managed to change a coolant temp sender and break light switch) or should I just take it to a garage and tell them what i want done?

The ESP fault - I'm not sure, but perhaps the ABS wheel speed sensor is faulty? There are issues with the wiring harness getting damaged. Again can be replaced by replacing the wiring.

So would this be fixed by sorting out the first thing?

The airbag wiring fault - do you get an airbag warning light on the dash? I know nothing about airbags but perhaps there's a dirty connection in the steering column wiring? Take care on that.

I guess that this is something that should be done at a garage, should i take it to the Audi garage or just a normal place?

Thanks
JPA

The injector wiring harness you can do yourself although it's a bit of a fiddly job as you have to remove things like the windscreen wiper arm, the air intake duct and various other bits, plus access to the bolts at the back on the top of the rocker cover is limited. A competent mechanic can do the job in under 2 hours.

The ESP/ABS sensor is completely unrelated. This is a wiring loom that runs down the suspension to the wheel hub. The cabling can get damaged, or the sensor itself in the hub can get damaged.

Back