Faulty Coolant Warning Light?

I've had my A2 for almost a year and I've always had a problem with the coolant. When I first had the car, the coolant appeared to have a leak as the warning light was always coming on and I was having to top it up once a week. I visited a garage and they told me they had fixed the problem so the coolant would no longer leak.

Since then however, I have found that when I turn the engine on, the coolant warning light will come on but after beeping a few times it will stop and won't come on again for the remainder of the journey. However, when I go to check the coolant, it is above the 'minimum' mark. I don't understand why the coolant warning light comes on if the coolant hasn't dropped below the minimum mark. Is it just incredibly sensitive? or is there a fault? It is becoming increasingly annoying to have the beeping noise come on in my car everytime I switch the engine on when there doesn't appear to be anything apparently wrong with it.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone has any thoughts on this so as to save me taking it to Audi to find out what the problem is.

Many thanks

I had the same problem with my partners TT, would beep saying it was low but it most definately was not. It always seemed to be worse on cold mornings also!. The way to sort it is to take the cap off,and inside you should see 2 metal prongs going into the coolant. these get dirty so thinks its low. I used a screwdriver and scraped these prongs,to clean them, and it was ok ever since.

Hope this helps

Stu

Back