Feel like i've found a goldmine - A2 Wiki

A2Steve

A2OC Donor
Wales
Not sure how i've never come across this before. It looks like our German brothers have created a wiki archive of all things A2.

If you use the latest internet explorer it automatically translates to English.

Just been reading how they have discovered that you can replace the whole front subframe an wishbones from the Audi A1. Great stuff

Nice find @A2Steve

The google translate link does not work in my Firefox ESR but does work in Chrome and Opera.

Amusing how "Fahrwerk" is translated to "landing gear" - so now our A2's can fly ;)

Not sure how i've never come across this before. It looks like our German brothers have created a wiki archive of all things A2.

Just been reading how they have discovered that you can replace the whole front subframe an wishbones from the Audi A1. Great stuff

🤯 Wow - Platinum, cobalt, diamond and goldmine rolled into one!!

Wrong ALUMINIUM.......
This Wiki has been around for a while but what tends to happen is unless you search the German site it does not appear high up on search engines listings. The translated version does also pop up every so often especially if Google translate has been used and Google your search engine.

would that be the PQ25 subframe swap? - that thread from the Wiki has been cross-referred to here before, but as you say, there is a lot of other good info at the German language Wiki site.

would that be the PQ25 subframe swap? - that thread from the Wiki has been cross-referred to here before, but as you say, there is a lot of other good info at the German language Wiki site.
Yes mate, interesting stuff isn’t it. Will be handy for the future as they are likely to be making A1 subframes for a good while yet.

Yes mate, interesting stuff isn’t it. Will be handy for the future as they are likely to be making A1 subframes for a good while yet.
If I remember, the other thing is that it means access to the PQ25 control arms, and for that matter, direct compatibility with the S1 (5x100) hub mount castings that give better camber if you go for shorter sport springs and something like Bilstein B8s.

So much information there, just learning how to navigate though this, comprehensive details, excellent.

Yes, the PQ25 subframe swap is a good upgrade overall, especially for lowered cars as it adds a bit of caster and comfort due to softer factory rear bushes (pictures show poly bushes).
Downside: it's made of steel and prone to rust.

Back