FEELER: End of Year Social Finale: Warwick Castle & Themed Evening Dining

Warwick Castle Event - What are you interested in attending?

• Total voters
Well folks, it's been talked about for a while so now is the time to start making plans!

For the final social of 2008 we are planning a A2OC family friendly day trip to Warwick Castle (undoubtedly one of the best medieval experiences in the UK), followed by a themed dining experience in the evening (and hence a most probably stay in a local hotel considering there will be unlimited wine and beer on offer!).

This event is likely to take place in late November or early December, and we can obtain a discount on the dining experience if we book before the end of August.

A rough outline of the day is likely to be:

10am - 5pm - Day around the castle
Prices in the region of £8 - £18 entry depending upon group size (and age!)

7:30pm - 11pm - Themed evening dining with entertainment and inclusive food and drink
£50 per person, and yes, you can also hire costumes...(!)

I have attached a few documents detailing the two possible dining event formats and also the 'Christmas period' menu that would be on offer.

More details on Warwick Castle can be found here:
http://www.warwick-castle.co.uk

More details on the dining can be found here:
http://www.eventsatthecastle.com/seasonal_events/xmas_kmf_hms.asp
http://www.warwick-castle.co.uk/events/themed_dining.asp

This thread includes a poll, please select an option that you would like to attend.. remember folks, this is a feeler to gauge interest, so make your thoughts known!

Ian

hi i just came across this and i run a photography company along side going to uni, but i could offer a professional studio set up at no cost as id enjoy meeting other a2 owners and warwick's not too far.. anyhow my web-address is www.yourvisionuk.com

Information update for evening meal - Interested paries please read and comment!

I have been in contact with Warwick Castle about the evening dining.. They have the following available dates/options.. so please do comment regarding any preferences. I'll attach all the info they have sent too. Also please note the 'festive' charges!

I have attached details of all the packages we are running throughout Christmas.

Our festive feasts and suppers will run most evenings so any date you have in mind would be an option, below are the dates we currently have open.

Kingmaker’s Feast – 29th, 5th, 6th, 13th and 20th December

Highwayman’s Supper – 13th, 18th, 19th and 23rd December

Great Hall Dinners – 28th, 29th, 6th, 12th, 13th and 19th December

Candlelit Suppers – Every Sunday

Christmas Lunches – Every Day

The cost of the festive feasts and suppers changes for Christmas from 15th Nov. The prices are also dependant on which day of the week you have your party,

Monday – Tuesday £50.00 per person
Wednesday – Thursday £55.00 per person
Friday – Saturday £59.50 per person

We will almost certainly fall into the Friday-Saturday category, although I like the sound of the 'Great Hall Dinners'. I am double checking that bookings made prior to the end of August will still receive the 10% discount.

There will no doubt be a Travel Inn fee on top of this for all attendees due to the nature of the event therefore I'll open up to comments and thoughts....

hi ian for me a saturday is my only option as i have no holiday left. a coleague has recently been to warwick castle and said it was excelent---worth seeing the trebuchet fire(mechanical catapult). the meal sounds great i have been to one in hartfordshire and it is a great fun night out, try the mead it catches up with you-hic thats my 2p's worth cheers

Warwick castle is fantastic day out it was on the wife#s shortlist for days out on are holiday if we dont go camping LOL !!!!The meal/banquet sounds a fantastic idea and we always have a great time when a meal is involved well done for organizing this Ian ...

Ian,

Di and I both think that this in an excellent idea mate - the only poblem for us is that we cannot commit at this stage financially with the potential/likely house move.

Would be up for it all being well though and like Carl says, you can't go wrong with a banquet of fine food and alchohol. :p

Cheers,

Darren

Thanks for the comments guys, keep them coming. Turns out the 10% discount isn't valid for the Christmas period (there's a surprise!), so keep the feedback coming and we'll look to firm arrangements up in September methinks :)

Back