Chat Finally back on the road ..

wooly A2

Im finally back on the road after 3 months of being SORN

Lack of work and finance problems meant i had to take the little beastie of the road ....

Put The Fridge through the MOT yesterday ...I Was worried that
it was going to fail on the brakes but surprisingly no problems found ..

And even more surprisingly it failed for the Tyres i had to change the
2 passenger side tyres as they had worn on the inside edge and i have an advisory
for the other front tyre the other rear tyres is less than a year old so that one was OK ....

I Had khumos on there which ive raved about before but tyrewear has not been great
and not available anywhere in Swindon at the moment so i asked the MOT garage to put
whatever they could find budget wise as im desperate to get the
A2 Back on the road and out of Hibernation ....

They manged to find some Marshall tyres I dont no much about them
but i said fine stick em on .....

The Tyres where £55 each fitted and was very surprised when i picked the car up as the
tread is near the same as the Khumos LOL !!!!

Just Done my TAX online so just got to wait for it to turn up in the post and then im back on the road again .......
Driving the van around has been such a pain in the behind ...

PS I May have been a little hard on the Khumo's i suspect i may have lost the inside edge whilst warming
them up at Castle Combe Last October LOL !!!

Last edited:
Great news Carl - don't worry about the Marshalls as they're one of the better budget brands. As to tread design, it is quite usual for such brands to copy other better known ones, as they don't have the R&D budgets to work their own out.

Pleased to hear the Green Meanie is once again prowling the land of the Magic Roundabout.

Cheers

Mike

great new buddy- glad it went through mot with only minor work. hmmm.. you really think castle comb???? maybe it was the abrasive grass they have on some corners lol
roll on the next social for a chin wag mate all the best sumoa2

Pleased as punch for you mate!

I echo the comments of the two Mike's - great to hear that you are well and truly "back".

Regards,

Darren

Great news Carl! Don't forget to get it ready for our synchronised grass mowing at CC!

Hey Carl, Sorry, didn't even know your car was off road, :eek: still get them DRL's lighting up the area now ... LOL :p

Cheers

Sarge

THX guys i wont be taking the A2 For granted for awhile
thats for sure although i had forgotten how hard the ride was LOL !!!!

Great news Carl! Don't forget to get it ready for our synchronised grass mowing at CC!
Perhaps we could turn that into an Olympic event :)
Hey Carl, Sorry, didn't even know your car was off road, :eek: still get them DRL's lighting up the area now ...
Sarge
I Just might have to do that i forgot i had them fitted as its been so long although i was half expecting some remarks when i picked up from the garage not even a mention ....Shows what a good job it was Sarge .!!!!
don't worry about the Marshalls as they're one of the better budget brands.

Pleased to hear the Green Meanie is once again prowling the land of the Magic Roundabout.

Cheers

Mike
Thats reassuring Mike thx and i will venture onto the magic roundabout as soon as my tax comes thru :)

Last edited:

Perhaps we could turn that into an Olympic event :)

A nostalgic reminder just for you chaps...

2008_1011CastleCombe080106a.jpg

Darren

Thx for reminding us Darren
Slight change of subject but i do a lot of racing online and you can do 20 laps
of a circuit and have the perfect racing line ..
But then you can be following someone else really closely and its surprising if they go onto the grass
how you always follow them cos your concentrating on what their doing rather than the road .....

I Guess thats why i thought id join humps on the Grass ...LOL !!!

Thx for reminding us Darren
Slight change of subject but i do a lot of racing online and you can do 20 laps
of a circuit and have the perfect racing line ..
But then you can be following someone else really closely and its surprising if they go onto the grass how you always follow them cos your concentrating on what their doing rather than the road .....I Guess thats why i thought id join humps on the Grass ...LOL !!!

Excuses, excuses Mr Swift... ;):D

My mate Russ said if ever you get all four wheels on the grass
at Castle Combe the first thing is to make sure no one from the
A2 Club catches it on camera and secondly Dont Panic ;)

Back