Finally need a Michelin

Status
Not open for further replies.
SWMBO collected a screw in one of the Michelins, about 1/2" in so may not be repairable. Damaged tyre is in the boot of my car and search starts tomorow morning.

Anyone found michelins near Solihull/Castle Bromwich?

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control for SWMBO, Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

Tyre is repairable - thank god.

On the tyre supply side Emma at Listers Audi in Coventry knows where there is at least one Michelin. If anyone needs one give her a call.

Spoke to Michelin Customer Service this morning and will be expressing my views to them later - if they cannot support an advertised tyre size then I will not use Michelin again.

Oddly enough the other asymetric tyre of this size is the Continental Premium Contact and no one has them either.

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control for SWMBO, Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

Response from Michelin - Oddly enough the disclaimer says that these are not necessarily the views of Michelin PLC!!

"Dear Mr Johnson

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

We are sorry you are experiencing supply problems and can only see any improvement coming in early August with no indication of quantities and later deliveries. Audi UK are believed to have some of the tyres so we would suggest you contact your local Audi dealer to try and scource the tyre through them.

We have allocated your message the reference number TCB-050704-6. If you need to contact us again regarding your message, we would be grateful if you could include this reference number.

Once again thank you for your interest in Michelin.

Yours sincerely
Webmaster.
Michelin Tyre Public Limited Company

Attention is drawn to the following confidentiality and disclaimer notice:

This e-mail is intended only for the addressee named above and the contents should not be disclosed to any other person nor copies taken. If you are not the intended recipient and/or have received this message in error, kindly
disregard the content and return it to the original sender. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of Michelin Tyre Public Limited Company unless otherwise specifically stated. As Internet communications are not secure we do not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message nor responsibility for any
change made to this message after the original sender sent it. Nothing in this e-mail is to be interpreted as an agreement on behalf of Michelin Tyre Public Limited Company. We advise you to carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment as we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of any software viruses. Michelin Tyre Public Limited Company reserves the right to monitor and record any e-mails addressed to any worker at Michelin Tyre Public Limited Company and the senders of messages shall be taken to have consented to such monitoring and recording.

Michelin Tyre Public Limited Company
Registered in England no.84559. Registered office Stoke-on-Trent ST4 4EY."

Just spent 5 days at the home of Michelin - Clermont-Ferrand France. The hotel was next to the factory, but I never saw anything actually leave despite the place having a strong smell of burning rubber! The factory had a shop, but it didn't sell tyres, just lots of tat with Bibendum (Micheline man) on and their map range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back