Finally....................

Marco77

The coilovers are fitted :D
Well after a lenghtly process in waiting for the correct part to arrive from Germany i finally got to crack on with the installation.

The biggest headache was reaching the strut nuts on the drivers side because they are nicely tucked away behind the Brake Resovior bottle, which had to be moved to access the nuts.

But other than that the only other thing was setting up the height to be the same on each side.

let me know what you think

Before

DSC00584Small.jpg

After

DSC00657.jpg

Looks more menacing lowered Marco :) Those wheels look very close to the front arches, do you clear the bodywork lock to lock when driving?

Yeah i have no problems with the wheels scuffing the arches i think its all down to the correct tyre size.

I bought spacers just in case but dont need them.:D

I have Tein coilovers on my Honda and the ride quality of those are much better than the stock Sport A2 suspension. So I think it's time the A2 got 'coilovered' :)

@ all future coilover upgraders :cool:

Please do consider purchasing high quality coilovers rather than those cheap equlivalents that lose damper-oil after only one year of usage potentially (faulty seals, sloppy tolerances etc).

Among these recommended high quality coilovers that comply with the A2 built quality there are also stainless steel versions available whose spring seats won’t seize after two winters of daily driving.

Please do a search on the term coilovers ... :)

If i had the money for better branded coilovers believe me thats a road i would have taken, but when my family is growing and i have 2 cars to run the cheaper option worked for me. If i get 1-2 years out of the cheaper coilovers that suits me as i planned to get a newer model in that time :D

cheers for the comments guys the coilovers are TA Techniks a german manufacturer come with 2 year warranty also.

Got them from ebay new for £210 delivered.

When i first got the wheels i wasn't sure also but now its lowered i'm happy with them now.

Back