First A2 test drive, need help. please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

westy

Right, i've just driven a 2001 51 reg, 1.4 TDI SE, Azure Blue, climate control, Audi symphony CD, Bose speakers, part leather part suede seats, DIS, large glass sunroof thingy, 22,000 miles, one previous owner plus Audo delear demo. It is mint.
It's showing 3,600 miles to next service and the front tyres are close to the limit...perhaps 5,000 miles.
It is up at 10,495 on a local used car lot that deals mainly in 4x4's.
They took it in pex for a Range Rover.
I was quite impressed by the way it went, and I currently have a MK4 Golf GTI turbo.
Got 50mpg on a back lane test drive.
Does this sound like a good deal, even considering it will need two new tyres and a service soon?
Anything else I should check?
All help much appreciated.

Ask who the dealer was and phone them-see if they have any history-was it a demo or courtesy car?

Price sounds ok, but you could do a Parkers check-but with those extras it may be difficult. Extras don't add much unless your willing to pay extra for them!.

If in doubt ask an Audi dealer to give it a once over, or an AA/RAC inspection.

A 2001 model may have problems with the drive shaft (noise from underneath when you drive around) and may have problems with the exhaust gas recirculation valve making a "mooing" sound-search the forum for both issues.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back