First post. First A2. First Audi. Chuffed to bits

payneben

Hi Everyone,

First of all, really enjoying delving into all the threads on stuff on here, what a great resource.

I bought my first Audi A2 at the weekend off eBay. I've loved the car from afar since it's launch when I was doing product design at University. Recent redundancy meant I've had to give my company car (VW Tiguan) back and buy a little runaround for my three mile each way commute to the office and find something more substantial for the family. Finally my chance to get an A2 was there. Paid £2,250 for it, details as follows...

2002/52, 1 FORMER LADY OWNER FROM NEW EXCELLENT CONDITION, MET/SILVER, The car has covered a **JUST 71000 MILES FROM NEW**WITH SERVICE HISTORY CAMBELT AND WATERPUMP CHANGED AT 67k, The car also comes **FULLY COLOUR CODED THROUGHOUT ALL BUMPERS & MIRRORS ETC***THE VELOUR INTERIOR TRIM IS AS NEW CONDITION**. It comes fully equipped with **POWER WINDOWS**POWER STEERING**ABS BRAKES**HEATED SCREENS***FOLD & SPLIT REAR SEATS**FRONT HEAD RESTRAINTS**ISOFIX ANCHORS**CD PLAYER**ALARM & IMMOBILISER** FULLY IMMOBILISED The gearbox & suspension are firm & precise.

It was owned by a smoker so I'm working on getting the scent back to something manageable, but spent bank holiday Monday using a whole pack of baby wipes cleaning down the interior. Bought a few bits off eBay to start sorting it out. new rear view mirror, new passenger side rear light cluster, vinyl stickers for electric windows and AC unit.

I've never tinkered with a car before but would love to with this A2. I need guidance on how to fit the new light cluster (couldn't find a thread on it or a how-to on YouTube) as well as suggestions for parts etc. Found this site for a couple of bits but any guidance appreciated.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Audi-P...456550017&_sid=37490737&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Also looking for the much talked about knock off Russian translated version of the Haynes Manual equivalent so I can learn how to tidy up bits myself.

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Cheers

Ben

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you've picked up a lovely example.

The rear light clusters are relatively simple to fit. Inside the boot there will be a little plastic trim panel. Pull this off with the space designed to put your finger in. Once this is off put your hand inside and you will feel 2 10mm (IIRC) nuts. It will be easiest to undo them using a socket on an extension bar. Once you have undone these two nuts the light cluster should pull away from the car and enable you to undo the light board as a whole from the lens. Refitting is then the reverse process.

Best of luck

Steve

Welcome to the forum and well done on your purchase, you wont go wrong so long as you keep the car maintained:)
Also you got some great enthusiasts here who know their stuff!!

All the best.

Welcome to the forum. Lovely A2 you have their, looks like Emmett will have some competition for his Show and shine title :)

Back